I asked this question a while back, but I did a forum search and there's nothing very up-to-date on this, so I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

I like using smart render editors, like VideoReDo and TMPGEnc Smart Renderer. Most of my editing consists of chopping down video files, and deleting portions. For that reason, there is no reason in most cases for me to take video down a generation, e.g. transcoding it. That is why I like the smart render editors.

I am in the market now for a smart render editor that can handle the newer audio and video codecs, like the VP9 and 265 video codecs and the Opus audio codec. Does such an animal exist?

Also, on a slightly related matter, I'm in the market for a full editing software app that can do smart rendering. I've been using the Adobe app, Premiere Elements, PE, when that need arises (rarely), but the version of PE I use does not do smart rendering. Is there an editor app with similar capabilities to PE that can also do smart rendering? If yes, what are the newest audio and video codecs that this app can handle?

One of the reasons I'm asking is because I've been offered access to a collection of videos that are available both in VP9 and 264. As I understand it, VP9 is superior, so I'm tempted to take the VP9 copies. On the other hand, if I can't find editing software to handle VP9, I'm thinking perhaps I'm better off taking the 264 copies instead. So I'm a bit torn. Thanks!