VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, etc! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO94MYyc7SE

in second 0.08 where they projected a different video onto her face?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It looks to me like they just did an overlay with an alpha mask based on brightness. An example from a few seconds later in the clip:

Original, alternate
    mask, overlay:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	overlay.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	45872  

Last edited by jagabo; 11th Jun 2018 at 19:42.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can i make this effect even if it is not bright? Like applying this effect on my pants only?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    Can i make this effect even if it is not bright? Like applying this effect on my pants only?
    It depends. You might be able to use the hue of your pants if they are different than the rest of the frame. For example, wear bright green pants then make green transparent, and make sure there's nothing else in the frame that's a similar shade of green. This is called chromakey. It's how most such shots are done (though usually to make the background transparent). If you've already shot the video and there's no distinguishing quality of the pants you can use to create an alpha channel it's much harder and will require a lot of manual work (though editors often have tools that help you track motion).
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can use chroma key if pants are more or less solid color (color should be unique - thats why in past they used something called blue box now usually it is green box) - in this pictures Debbie is shot on dark background and easy to threshold brighter than part (ordinary analog comparator i think) - later black&white is used as mask and some edge detection is applied to it (analog differentiator), edge detected are used to switch between two sources (some analog multiplexer/switch) that's how it was done probably in those times.
    In digital world it can be done slightly different chroma (luminance) key used to produce alpha channel and later reapply edge mask to emphasize transition.
    Probably such task easy to do in decent NLE but also i can imagine Avisynth or ffmpeg as sufficient to do such processing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I made a testvideo, I recorded my hand in front of a white background, in my VE I used Background-remover and underlayed a different video as mask.
    I then used the color orange or so to make the hand transparent and it worked.

How do I make the video black-white like you did with Debbies face? I could not find a Filter.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    How do I make the video black-white like you did with Debbies face? I could not find a Filter.
    I used an AviSynth filter called mt_binarize(). It makes all pixels darker than a threshold black, all pixels brighter than the threshold white. But you can achieve a similar effect with brightness/contrast filters plus a greyscale filter.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I found one filter in my VE
    Quote Quote