VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hello,

I would like to know what is the best video converter for PC & Mac, that use at the max speed for CPU & GPU Nvidia/AMD

I saw this top here: SPAM LINK

I saw that the best is Wondershare Video Converter, but for me is not so fast in conversion for example like A's Video Converter, it use more the CPU adn GPU maybe 5-10%
    Last edited by Baldrick; 29th Mar 2021 at 04:24. Reason: Wondershare is CRAP
    Quote Quote  
  2. Max speed? You don't care about quality?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Max speed? You don't care about quality?
    Also quality of course
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well that review is rubbish since it states avi is a common format yet claims xvid is not one.

And most of these 'reviews' are a sponsored advertisement of the product they state is best.

I can not actually answer your question about 'fastest' except that fastest is never going to be best. And you can not combine windows with mac since windows converters will always be more common.

These products rely on the simple fact that you have no knowledge of the underlying tools which are actually free.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What codecs? What CPU? What GPU? UHD/HD/SD? All those things can matter.

But in general, the CPU based encoders like x264 and x265 deliver the best quality per bitrate. You can make up for that by using higher bitrates with GPU encoders -- typically 50 to 100 percent higher. I believe the consensus for GPU based encoding is that Intel's QuickSync delivers the best quality, followed by Nvidia, then AMD. The quality and speed depends on the CPU and GPU you are using. With newer CPU and GPU models delivering better and faster results.

If you have a recent Intel CPU try Handbrake or VidCoder with QuickSync. Then compare to x264 and x265 CPU encodes. Those programs are free.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Jun 2018 at 10:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Handbrake.....Handsdown.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ExclusiveVideo View Post
    I saw this top here: toptenreviews.com
    That sites is all fake reviews.
    They only "review" things that give them a kickback ($$$$) of some sort.
    Never use it.

Wondershare software is horrible, and honestly acts like a virus when way it barfs itself everywhere, and does not uninstall when told.

Handbrake is really watered down software.
    selur's Hybrid is far more powerful, and outperforms payware.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    At this moment i have an old computer with EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, i know HandBrake, but is very slow for me, it use 98% of CPU and 2% GPU.

I tried A's Video Converter and my god, i converted 1080p 2h in 15 min, but the user interface is awfull, don't know hot to change resolution and framerate

I just need a software that use the GPU for conversion and also to change codec, resolution, framerate... etc

I uploaded my PC specs
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	210
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	45869  

Quote Quote  
  9. gpu encoding isnt quality based ... learn to take pride in your encodes and go for quality over speed ..... cpu for the win
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Lol review sites that proclaim "Wondershare" and "A's Video Converter" as the bee's knees...

VidCoder works excellently for me (it uses Handbrake as its encoding engine).
    Quote Quote  
  11. If ffmpeg is an option for you and you have an Nvidia GPU then I'd strongly recommend nvenc/cuvid for hardware acceleration.

Especially when source is HEVC and you want to resize the video it's brutally fast.

Unfortunately documentation is poor. I've looked at it in depth last year. If that sounds interesting for you I can write down my findings.
    Quote Quote  
  12. If you want speed and decent quality try Staxrip and use the included Nvidia H264 encoder. It is not as good as a CPU based encoder but the quality is quite acceptable, especially if you are coming from a high quality source. And it is EXTREMELY fast.

FFmpeg is also really fast using GPU
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hi again,

I start to use Handbrake a lot from 2018, a very good converter.

Now I use also an old laptop with Intel HD 4000 GPU, another good converter that will suit well this old GPU?

Also if someone that us very good on encoding can recommend a top of the best Encoding/Converters software. I would like to have also options for cut, crop and subtitles adding and editing like size and font.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  
  14. Handbrake supports the HD 4000's Quick Sync Video encoder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What other good encoders do you recommend, other than Handbrake?

Make a top priority of what you use for everything.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  
  16. I use ffmpeg, x264 cli, and sometimes qsvencc. Usually fed with an AviSynth script. But the reality is, all the free and open source programs use those same encoders. So they deliver the same quality at the same speed when using the same settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thank you, something good with GUI, other than Handbrake? of course

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by ExclusiveVideo View Post
    At this moment i have an old computer with EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, i know HandBrake, but is very slow for me, it use 98% of CPU and 2% GPU.
    Originally Posted by ExclusiveVideo View Post
    Thank you, something good with GUI, other than Handbrake? of course
    Do you realize that Handbrake supports GPU encoding? If you were seeing 98% CPU usage you weren't using one of the GPU encoders.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RichardBrown View Post
    Hello everyone. I agree that speed isn't the main thing in video converters.
    This thread began in 2018 and requests opinions about video converter software for PCs and Macs.

Perhaps starting a new thread to discuss what features you think a good video converter should have would result in a better conversation.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It can start a better conversation without complaining, you already started a bad conversation, come and make a change, and improve. Otherwise, move on.
    Quote Quote