VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I've been playing around with deinterlacing methods and I find that with Yadif, colours will bleed (?) in frames with fast sideways movement. This doesn't happen with QTGMC. I've tried it with AviSynth and VirtualDub but they both do it. I appreciate that large movements are going to be more difficult for the deinterlacer, so is it something I might be doing wrong or is it just what you get if you don't want to wait for a higher quality one to do its job?

Edit: I'm not resizing it or anything. Literally just changing Yadif() to QTGMC() in AviSynth.

(Please see the attachments.)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yadif.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	45861  

Click image for larger version

Name:	qtgmc.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	45862  

Last edited by andy29; 9th Jun 2018 at 18:28.
    Quote Quote  
  2. VirtualDub always has this problem with interlaced YV12. In AviSynth you have a colorspace conversion somewhere that isn't using "interlaced=true". Probably a ConvertToYV12() that should be ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That looks like it's it, thank you. I thought it looked like it might be one or more of the channels not being converted properly but I couldn't see where. I didn't realise that the colour space conversion had an interlaced option.
    Last edited by andy29; 9th Jun 2018 at 22:12.
    Quote Quote