VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I'm new here; I don't know if this the best place to ask my question. We'll see.

I am interested in some documents featured on a Japanese laserdisc (I'm not sure if it is still available). Since I don't live in Japan, and since I don't have a LD-player, buying the disc seems a bit complicated to me - I just want two tracks of it.

Ok, maybe this is a bit borderline, but this is what I was thinking: I could ask to someone in Japan to get access to a copy of the LD, to convert the tracks I'm looking for into mp4, and to send it via WeTransfer or the like. (I know this means loss of quality, but to some extent I'm ready to accept this).

Does anyone here had experience with this kind of questions?

Thanks for the feedback!

Bill

2. 1. Buy the LD on eBay.
    2. Find a transfer company that still transfers LD and have them transfer the whole disc, with each track saved to the format of your choice (h.265 mp4, if that's what you want).

I still transfer LDs for clients, and I'm sure you can find a local company that will do it for around $20.

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @johnmeyer

FYI, OP has another identical thread in the Media forum where I just posted and dropped your name as a possible transfer service. As I posted there, someone was looking for a service about a year ago and got no leads.

I nearly choked when he was asking if anyone had a HLD-X0 or HLD-X9 and was willing to do a transfer on a sketchy disc for him. I advised him that anyone who owned of these holy grail players was unlikely to announce it on this or any forum and the odds that they would be willing to a transfer was virtually zero.

Search Comp PM
    Sadly neither but I am content with my CLD2730K, does the job.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851

5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Bill1,please do not cross post,one thread is enough,this thread is closed.Please continue here.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/389240-Laserdisc-content-%28mp4-%29#post2521513
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.