VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, sorry for my bad english,
    i remember about 2008 or so, i use winamp as music player, then i found this feature, "detect and rename" (i forget what is called),
    that feature is good, its detect what it title and who is sing it, and how accurate ( from ~20 to 99% ),
    then i wonder . this 2018, that feature must be exist in certain video software?, but is that kind software really exist?
    Quote Quote  
  2. probably an impossibility
    soundhound uses audio signatures on songs..

Best way is to google a famous dialog and hopefully find it..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Google:
    "identify music"

There are tons of apps you can use, include online ones.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For films listen to the dialog and find a memorable line or quote and do a search for it. Another technique is to do a screen capture of a scene and do an image search in Google. There is nothing in the video domain that's the equivalent of say Shazam identifies music. Actually that's another way to search, ask Shazam or similar to identify the opening title music.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. i relieve me that i know the answer, but the answer really make me sad,
    any way, thanks everybody for the answer
    Quote Quote  
  6. For music identification:

Shazam

Works 99.9% of the time if you have a clean source, and can even work with noisy sources, like AM radio.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Maybe if you are in the right country you can ask "google now" what is playing right now..
    Quote Quote  
  8. if it is a music video, maybe shazam or soundhound on your cellphone might find it..But what these do is take a sound sample send it to the servers... So you need an app and a good internet connection..

NOT SURE WHAT U MEAN VIDEO? identify Movies by dialogue? or just music videos by their music?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I would recommend to not do this, but for video what should work is: Upload the video to YouTube (a small portion might be enough) wait for the owner to sue you and tell you the title. *gig*
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The storage space required to maintain a database of music for comparison is extremely small compared to video. Also, unless extremely compressed and low quality, music is almost instantly recognizable. A video compressed to 1/10 of it's original size contains multiple compression artifacts that affect the viewability (despite what people on insist that 700mb copy of a blu-ray is "almost as good" say).
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want software to detect music and video titles? Plex media server is very good at this.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  12. What renaming do you mean?

if you have A TV series and titled as so:
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode x

You can use a program like filebot to batch rename the files.
    ex Series Name Season1 Episode 1 Pilot

FILEBOT is not FREE and is a Windows 10 Store App.. $19.99
    StoreLink : https://get.filebot.net/windows/2
    Quote Quote  
  13. In the first place, you should be downloading nameless videos randomly....You can get the titles by watching the TITLES/ OPENING and ENDING CREDITS...
    Then rename the files manually..
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a bit of a long shot

If your source files are mkv, then sometimes there is a video title in the mkv tag.
    Maybe there is a program that batch can read the tag and get the title?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Maybe there is a program that batch can read the tag and get the title?
    like mediainfo?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @selur
    yes that may be a option, it has commandline support afaik
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi,you can try Tag&Rename (music file editor)or MetaX(video file editor)Do a web search for either program & read the functionalities to determine the best solution for you.
    Quote Quote  
  18. @jan5678: just to make it clear you don't need to use a batch file, you can feed mediainfo with a folder and it will analyse all files in that folder. (but yes, I have no clue whether the mediainfo gui offers this too)
    Quote Quote