VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there any other type of software like this but is better and doesn't make my games lag? Because everytime i play my 360 i always get 20 frames or less and not a solid 30 frames.... Is it the capture device and software for the device?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MrBazooka View Post
    Is there any other type of software like this but is better and doesn't make my games lag?
    The viewer in capture software will always lag behind the game. You need to use a splitter and 2 sets of RCA composite video cables to provide audio and video signals to both a TV and a capture device. A passive splitter will provide a weaker, noisier signal than a powered splitter, especially for long cable runs.

Passive splitter: https://www.amazon.com/Outop-Female-Splitter-Audio-Adapter/dp/B00HLV1KQO
    Powered splitter: https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Video-Splitter-Cable-Analog/dp/B019OJM7D0

Originally Posted by MrBazooka View Post
    Because everytime i play my 360 i always get 20 frames or less and not a solid 30 frames.... Is it the capture device and software for the device?
    When a capture device relies on software to encode, dropped frames are the result of either a CPU which isn't powerful enough to keep up or a hard drive that can't keep up. You should try using a second hard drive, not the boot drive, for capture. If that doesn't work you also need to use different software which will allow using a fast lossless codec for capture, like Lagarith (LAGS) in YUY2 mode. Also, capture audio as PCM. Note that the file size will be very large, about 30GB per hour. You will need to re-encode the video to H.264 or some other more compressed form of your choice after capturing.

Try AmaRecTV for lossless capture. See http://iotku.pw/gvusb2-guide/ for AmarecTV software set-up. The device mentioned in the guide, the I-o DATA GV-USB2 has a good reputation if you decide that you want to replace your EasyCap.

Any SD capture device called "EasyCap" is very likely to be a low-quality product. Even the software that comes with them is unlicensed with no support. Case in point, there is no page for Honestech 2.5 TVR software at Honestech's website. The software was likely created by a third party who used the Honestech name without Honestech's consent.

Note that I do not play video games and don't record game play. If you need more help, you may need to rely on someone else or look for a video capture forum at a gaming-oriented website.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 5th Jun 2018 at 12:33.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried AmaRecTV and it works 10xs better than Showbiz and the third party software honestech... I found out that the product i baugght was a fake version of EasyCap, but im very glad i was able to find a solution, thanks for the help and i'll take what you said in consideration. I might have to buy a different capture card for better performace.
    Quote Quote