VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I would like to able to download the best audio quality files to my computer. But if that takes up a lot more space than the next best option, and the drop off in quality is very small, I would be willing to trade off. So I am trying to find out what the pecking order of audio quality in video file types is. I use downloadhelper; I also don't understand if the pixel sizes ( e.g., 640X320) of the different variant files effect the quality of the audio. I really don't know much of anything about audio quality, other than I think I need it for my purposes.https://forum.videohelp.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lenovo T540p, Windows 10. Processor Intel (R) Core i7-4600M CPU @ 2.90GHz, RAM 8GB, 64-bit OS, and I don't really know what any of that means : )
    Quote Quote  
  2. Youtube is providing video and audio separately (if possible). Nowadays the high bitrate Opus stream might be the best (#251) with AAC being similar (#140). Try to download one of those.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    And if anyone knows of any good resources where I can learn about digital sound quality that would be appreciated. As far as the above question, yes, I am looking to learn about what the options are for very good audio quality and how much space it will cost me . And as far as computers, I don't know much about digital sound, or what digital means for that matter. So if you talk to me like a child I may be able to understand : )
    Quote Quote  
  4. All data stored on your PC or transferred via the Internet is digital.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    thanks sneaker for the quick reply!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by getwellsam View Post
    I don't know much about digital sound, or what digital means for that matter.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog-to-digital_converter

Then the other way around:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital-to-analog_converter
    Quote Quote  
  7. I like JDownloader, my issue with it is that it require Java to run, BUT, it allow you to download ANY audio and video available.
    Second option is this online tool, it allow you to download separate streams, you have to mux then together latter.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Use youtube-dl with the -f bestaudio option.
    Quote Quote