VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone that has used two of the above cameras....which gave you the best true colors? Which camera do you favor if you could have only one ? Thanx for any input. - Tom
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Canons are HD, whereas the Sony is 4k,so not really an easy comparison. I use a Canon G40 and have no complaints over colour rendition, although I must add that everything I shoot gets graded in DaVinci after editing.
    Canon G40 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve 16.1b3 -- Dell dual Xeon Workstation - Win 7 Ultimate - 16gb ECC RAM - GTX 650 - Pro Tools 2018.3
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for reply. On your Canon, when filming ..do you use the AWB or a fixed setting such as Daylight ? Anyone else?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use a Canon G30 and also have no problems with its colour rendering. I use manual WB when possible, but frequently a preset, usually Daylight. I edit and colour correct in Cinelerra and almost never have to re-balance. Last time was footage shot in a cave with sodium lighting!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tend to use a preset as I have noticed that with AWB you can sometimes see the white balance change on some shots, such as a pan or zoom out.
    Canon G40 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve 16.1b3 -- Dell dual Xeon Workstation - Win 7 Ultimate - 16gb ECC RAM - GTX 650 - Pro Tools 2018.3
    Quote Quote