VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab Passkey and copy Blu-ray and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread
  1. Every time I attempt to download videos that require a cable provider login, I get this error message below:

    ERROR: Could not find XML element's text headline; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type youtube-dl -U to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.

    I tried the following formats:
    Code:
    youtube-dl -U
    youtube-dl --verbose
    youtube-dl -F url
    youtube-dl url --ap-mso=Comcast_SSO --ap-username=USERNAME --ap-password=PASSWORD
    I tried: cleaning my cache, TVDownloader, reconnecting to the Internet, restarting my computer.

    I need help to download these videos:
    Code:
    http://www.adultswim.com/videos/joe-pera-talks-with-you/joe-pera-shows-you-iron/
    Code:
    http://www.adultswim.com/videos/joe-pera-talks-with-you/joe-pera-takes-you-to-breakfast/
    Code:
    http://www.adultswim.com/videos/joe-pera-talks-with-you/joe-pera-takes-you-on-a-fall-drive/
    Code:
    http://www.adultswim.com/videos/joe-pera-talks-with-you/joe-pera-shows-you-how-to-dance/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Comcast MSO login has been broken since last year. You will have to wait until someone codes the fix.

    Post an issue on the official youtube-dl github page and ask if it can be fixed, be sure to include your log.


    Some sites that require cable provider login may work with --cookies. Login with you browser and extract the cookie. Then pass the cookie text file to youtube-dl. Full instructions are in the documentation section on the official youtube-dl github page.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Vidd View Post
    Some sites that require cable provider login may work with --cookies. Login with you browser and extract the cookie. Then pass the cookie text file to youtube-dl. Full instructions are in the documentation section on the official youtube-dl github page.
    I tried this method today and it doesn't work unfortunately.

    I typed the following and received the same exact error message listed above.
    Code:
    youtube-dl --cookies D:\folder\cookies.txt http://www.adultswim.com/videos/joe-pera-talks-with-you/joe-pera-shows-you-iron

    Another error message I received was:

    Code:
    [AdultSwim] joe-pera-shows-you-iron: Downloading webpage
    [AdultSwim] AWNfUf_ZHAeP4-pUPfOc: Downloading XML
    ERROR: Unable to download XML: HTTP Error 404: Not Found (caused by HTTPError()); please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type  youtube-dl -U  to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did anyone find a fix yet? It seems that a lot of people are having issues with certain sites and providers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm still having no luck. YouTube-DL and TVDownloader still don't work with Comcast cable authorization login. Does anyone have Comcast and use YouTube-DL?
    Quote Quote  
  6. With the exception of the most recent, all of the episodes of joe-pera-talks-with-you are now available without provider authorization.

    For the one that requires authorization, it looks like you'll have to do it manually. It doesn't look like a provider authorization fix for youtube-dl is just around the bend.
    Last edited by ponens; 5th Jul 2018 at 00:29.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    With the exception of the most recent, all of the episodes of joe-pera-talks-with-you are now available without provider authorization.

    For the one that requires authorization, it looks like you'll have to do it manually. It doesn't look like a provider authorization fix for youtube-dl is just around the bend.

    I already got started on those episodes without the cable authorization. I know how to download videos with Youtube-dl using proper formatting, but the application bug won't let me download them successfully. The videos still use SAMPLE-AES encryption methods.
    Quote Quote  
  8. When youtube-dl does work with provider authentication on adultswim, it does not download the sample-aes version of the video.

    There are other profiles to download, and youtube-dl uses one of those. When downloading manually (because your provider auth doesn't work), you need to request the video like youtube-dl does.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    When youtube-dl does work with provider authentication on adultswim, it does not download the sample-aes version of the video.

    There are other profiles to download, and youtube-dl uses one of those. When downloading manually (because your provider auth doesn't work), you need to request the video like youtube-dl does.
    I'm still not sure what you mean by "downloading manually."

    When I use the "youtube-dl -F url" command to get a list of video profiles, I'll get messages such as, "ERROR: Could not find XML element's text headline; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type youtube-dl -U to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output."

    What are the steps for manual download?
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads