VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If i have a printed copy of a Word document, but don't have the original document, i can scan the copy and edit it in Word. If the copy is properly scanned, Microsoft OneNote -- a planner and note taking software included in the Office suite -- can capture text and images and send them to Microsoft Office Word. i should be able to edit the document in Word in less than one minute.

Please help is above procedure is correct?
    Last edited by Baldrick; 14th Jun 2018 at 06:36.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know, but why not try? You're not going to break anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ther10 View Post
    If i have a printed copy of a Word document, but don't have the original document, i can scan the copy and edit it in Word.
    The result of the scanning the printed document is a picture, not a text document. You need very smart OCR software to convert the picture to a text document.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by ther10 View Post
    If i have a printed copy of a Word document, but don't have the original document, i can scan the copy and edit it in Word.
    The result of the scanning the printed document is a picture, not a text document. You need very smart OCR software to convert the picture to a text document.
    that was my though also. i use adobe acrobat to ocr and save scanned papers. it can export as editable docx.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Also some free online websites that can do it too. Google 'PDF to Word'
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you can scan at high resolution with high contrast you may be able to use OCR in some software to copy and paste text. If you have a PDF printed to PDF from Word, you will be able to copy and paste text with higher reliability than OCR unless whoever made the PDF disabled copy and paste.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Might help if you scan it as a high quality TIFF file and then submit that to Google "PDF to Word" ?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use Abby Fine Reader in conjunction with my Epson V700 scanner. Maybe Fine Reader has a free trial period?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. No doubt about high quality of Abbyy Finereader however i would at least give a chance to free Tesseract (some GUI's exist) - after training it should deliver satisfactory results.
    Perhaps if document is not multiple pages (like 100's) then Scribus and/or Inkscape may help (scan, OCR and edition within same editor)?
    Last edited by pandy; 2nd Jun 2018 at 12:32.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I guess MS Word will be able to open PDFs and edit them??? I think I tried once and succeeded...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by nharikrishna View Post
    I guess MS Word will be able to open PDFs and edit them??? I think I tried once and succeeded...
    Seriously doubt if MS Word has embedded OCR...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is just a spammer.
    He vomited his BS link at the bottom of his first message.

You're all replying to nobody.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    This is just a spammer.
    He vomited his BS link at the bottom of his first message.

You're all replying to nobody.
    True, but topic may be useful for people in future so my replies are trying to focus on technical aspect.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Link removed
    Quote Quote