VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks, this was my frontend contribution.

Just a small floating Dropbox, but with many features, including multiple downloads or a Batch List, plus a download Console element.

This Project has now been ABORTED.
    Last edited by Tombs; 22nd Jul 2019 at 15:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by Tombs; 22nd Jul 2019 at 15:36.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nice SCRIPT FUNCTION! keep the good work!

i did not check the file YT-DL Dropper.au3 in notepad just kidding....

working good here.

why not include in the zip this files there are freeware?

ffmpeg.exe
    youtube-dl.exe
    mkvmerge.exe
    Last edited by codebox; 15th Jun 2018 at 19:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice.

Although ... no one should ever do this for anything downloaded from the net
    If you have any problems, you may need to create a shortcut to 'YT-DL Dropper.exe' and give it Administrator permissions to run (i.e. Run As Administrator).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just installed V4.9 (says 5.0 in the change-log)
    Took a bit of wrestling with Trend Micro Internet Security to convince it that it wasn't Malware.
    When you run it without admin you get nothing
    When you run it as Admin for the first time Trend opens a Dialog that offers you to delete the file (but nothing else)
    If you bang out of that and re-run as admin Trend offers you a dialog with both Delete the File and Open the file - then it runs.
    In the end I've created a .bat file that calls the .exe - that seems to do the trick without the need to run as Admin.

Thanks to Tombsy for the great work.

I'm a fan of using "Create Batch Files Only" as I'm on a plan that has an Off-peak Internet quota, so I create the Batch files, then let my Download.bat file which is scheduled to run at 2:30AM to read the .Bats that are in the same folder. I had a problem where the Batch files all have an exit statement in them, so you only got the first DL done and it would bang out. I now read the 2nd line out of the .bat files and execute them. Happy to share if anyone is interested.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by Tombs; 22nd Jul 2019 at 15:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    Perhaps, but sometimes it depends on what a program does.
    OK that would be true, the point being no one knows what a program is programmed to do except for the programmer

Well, ffmpeg with all its features and complexity needs no admin to run; batch scripts to run ffmpeg needs no admin to run; programs with fancy ui's need no admin to run; etc.

solve those type of issues
    a thought, you may want to be a bit clearer on which issues may need resolving - given that no one should ever give a random program downloaded from the net any consideration of access to admin rights. offhand, can't think of a good reason given that the user would already have write access into relevant folders to create a video in a folder in the first place.

Not complaining about your program, only an offhand "give it admin to run" when basic security 101 for toddlers to seniors says otherwise. People lose money from bank accounts doing such things
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by Tombs; 22nd Jul 2019 at 15:35.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How to disable the request for a unique file name on batch processing?

I had a batch running all night and when I looked in the morning it had been waiting all night for me to supply a unique filename, had done nothing.

Is that Dropper doing that or youtubedl ? wherein can I fix it?

I've got two machines running this prog. One of them has repeatedly run batch downloads no problem.

This one does this 'title query' thing. I'm not aware of my having done anything different with either install.
    Last edited by abrogard; 21st Sep 2018 at 19:19.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by Tombs; 22nd Jul 2019 at 15:34.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM

I've also recently added a 'Title Query (if URL based)' option to the 'Batch Process' sub-menu, which can be disabled if you are happy to go with the default title based on automatic changes to the URL text. That however, only applies to Batch List entries that are pasted or dropped, when added, and is something you might use with youTube clips, to avoid prompts.

If none of that helps, contact me at one of the usual places, and we can go into specifics.

P.S. If ever looking for clues on how to do things, the Instructions.txt (or Instructions & Info.txt) file that comes with the program, is a great place to check, and is now easier to access via the Info button on the Download Console.
    Yes, I've read the Instructions.txt but maybe not read it well enough. I think I maybe need your most recent update but how do I update Dropper? I see the update for ytdl but none for dropper? Is it okay for me to ask this here or you'd rather I used another avenue? I cut and past my URL's from the site, pasted into notepad. then I copy all from that notepad and paste into Dropper. Then when I say 'Start' I straightaway get a request for a unique title. We're in batch mode of course. I click okay or I supply a title, doesn't matter, off it goes and does the job - and then waits again for a title before proceeding to the next job....

I'm enjoying it....

edit one minute later:

aahh... wait a minute... I've repeated the above procedure of mine from the beginning again, completely emptying the list first, and this time it has set off to download the first one at least without any demur... maybe it's okay... please assume it's okay unless I get back and report it's hung again asking....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi, Tombs

Your GSL v5.3, I got all the download list, but when I click "GO" button, a warning occurs: YT-DL Dropper executable file not found!
    I did put YT-DL Dropper.exe in the same folder of the GSL.exe

However, I did use your other method :
    I used the small clipboard button at the right of 12 Digit Video ID, then I pasted it into YT-DL Dropper...and it was all done!

Again, Thank you very much!!!
    Last edited by meiwechner; 1st Nov 2018 at 08:32.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Help. System disk crash. Lost everything. Setting up a new disk, new win10 install.

Got yt-dl dropper all set up exactly as should be as best I can work out.

But from sbs list when I hit 'go' I only get 'YT-DL Dropper not found'

Set system env variable and everything I could think of.

YT-DL was set up like this: c:\downloads\ytdlfolder\tydl.exe
    c: \downloads\ytdlfolder\sbslistfolder\sbslist.exe

Then I moved the whole thing over to c:, cutting out the 'downloads' folder. Made no difference.

Something I have overlooked?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But it STILL WORKS !!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Still using it...
    Quote Quote