VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am quite new to the world of video editing, but so far you guys on here have been a great help. I am looking for some software suggestions to perform the above mentioned tasks. Adding a watermark/logo to the bottom right of a video, cropping out a bit of the top/sides, adding some text in various locations for specific durations (i.e. Put some text "here" that reads "Hi there" and display it from 1:10 to 1:35) and doing some color correction.
    What I need:
    Easy to use with a small of a learning curve as possible. I don't' have time to spend hours and hours learning how to use the software. 5-10 min/effect I can handle. Really simple and intuitive is even better.
    High quality output. I imagine it needs to convert the whole video again after adding all the stuff I added to it, but I want basically lossless quality.

What would be ideal:
    Drag and drop interface. I just find it easier to use.
    Links to videos explaining how to do the affects I want with the given software. Yes, I can google, but if you happen to know what videos explain best I would be grateful.
    Single piece of software. It would be nice to do this all in a single piece of software if possible. From my understanding the more times you re-convert the video, the lower the quality.

What I have done:
    I have looked at VirtualDub, and although it seems like it will do it all, I can't find any videos to show me how to put in a watermark that are up to date. Some showing using a "logo plugin" from a website that doesn't exist any more, and the logo plugin that is available from the plugins screen doesn't work the same way, and I can't seem to figure out how it works. I would be happy to use VirtualDub if someone can find an up to date tutorial on how to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by ShadowWizard View Post
    What would be ideal:
    Drag and drop interface. I just find it easier to use.
    Links to videos explaining how to do the affects I want with the given software. Yes, I can google, but if you happen to know what videos explain best I would be grateful.
    Single piece of software. It would be nice to do this all in a single piece of software if possible. From my understanding the more times you re-convert the video, the lower the quality.
    Davinci Resolve is pretty easy to use, single piece, free and intuitive TO ME, with just a few clicks I can do everything you want in a few minutes. The interface looks a little scary at first but you get used to.There a tons of tutorials on YouTube and is damn easy to follow.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by amaipaipai; 31st May 2018 at 06:24.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Alternatively to drag and drop or gui ffmpeg can be used, watermark can be or text or picture (video) based and can be movable (to avoid static presentation and potential issues with modern displays).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ShadowWizard View Post
    I have looked at VirtualDub, and although it seems like it will do it all, I can't find any videos to show me how to put in a watermark that are up to date. Some showing using a "logo plugin" from a website that doesn't exist any more, and the logo plugin that is available from the plugins screen doesn't work the same way, and I can't seem to figure out how it works. I would be happy to use VirtualDub if someone can find an up to date tutorial on how to do this.
    Usage of VirtualDub's built in logo filter is trivial. Pick a file, select the placement, add an additional offset if you want.
    Quote Quote