VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    My Hauppague PVR 2 Gaming Edition has been working great. No problems capturing from a HDMI source.
    Now since the latest W10 Pro update 1803, installed 5/172018,
    I get a 'Unable to locate capture filter #1' in the Hauppauge Capture program. The app is locked up and
    no settings are available.

Hauppauge itself is mostly useless for information on the problem. They suggest power cycling
    the PVR2, which does nothing. Un-installing and re-installing the Hauppauge app also does nothing.
    Just wondering if anyone else with a PVR 2 and W10 is having the same problem and hopefully
    found a solution or a workaround. I can revert to an earlier version of W10, but the OS will likely
    just re-install the update anyway. And a re-install of the OS will mess with all of my other W10 settings.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i came across your problem I had the same issue as yours. On Happaugge site it saids Are you finding error messages 'TV Tuner not available' or getting a message 'Unable to locate capture filter' after installing a Windows 10 update?
    This is a known "feature" of the new release of Windows 10, related to cameras but also affecting TV tuners. See the following from Windows Central

How to fix camera, TV tuner and video recorder access problems after installing Windows Update

On the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, users are finding out that many apps no longer have access to cameras, TV tuners and video recorders. However, this is not a problem or a bug with this new release, it's actually a change that Microsoft is implementing with version 1803 to give users more control over their privacy.

If you have apps that require camera access on your PC, you need to follow these steps:

Open Settings.
    Click on Privacy.
    Click on Camera.
    Turn on the Allow apps to access your camera toggle switch.
    Once you've completed the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable camera access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled.

In the case the feature isn't enabled, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

This works follow the steps and your device will work. I copied and pasted from happuage site.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, Wizard23. That worked and now I have no filter error.
    I turned on all the camera options, as I don't have a camera on the PC.
    Some I could probably turn off.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Handbrake, VDub, & MeGUI tjack360's Avatar
    Maryville, Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe
    Search Comp PM
    This does not work at all. I can't record anything without the app crashing. The Hauppauge Capture barely gets going before it crashes. The Capture4Me app will at least start recording for about 10-15 minutes before it crashes. I uninstalled the drivers for my Hauppauge HD PVR 2 & installed the Windows 10 drivers. I reinstalled both apps. I turned on all camera options. This is so much crap. I was able to capture on Windows 7 NO PROBLEM FOR YEARS. Now that I upgrade to Windows 10, this is the only thing that doesn't work correctly. I have a feeling it's a Microsoft issue too. If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative. This is so damned frustrating. I have been trying to get this to work for 2 weeks now & everything I try has little to no effect. SMFH.
    Toshiba DX1215, Intel Core i5-2410 CPU 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64-Bit OS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Handbrake, VDub, & MeGUI tjack360's Avatar
    Maryville, Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tjack360 View Post
    This does not work at all. I can't record anything without the app crashing. The Hauppauge Capture barely gets going before it crashes. The Capture4Me app will at least start recording for about 10-15 minutes before it crashes. I uninstalled the drivers for my Hauppauge HD PVR 2 & installed the Windows 10 drivers. I reinstalled both apps. I turned on all camera options. This is so much crap. I was able to capture on Windows 7 NO PROBLEM FOR YEARS. Now that I upgrade to Windows 10, this is the only thing that doesn't work correctly. I have a feeling it's a Microsoft issue too. If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative. This is so damned frustrating. I have been trying to get this to work for 2 weeks now & everything I try has little to no effect. SMFH.
    Well... it's always the last thing you try. I closed all apps running in the background (tray) except antivirus, sound, OneDrive, & HD Graphics & it seems to be recording for as long as I want. I guess that upgrade to 8GB of RAM will be coming sooner rather than later. That seems to be the issue. Never thought of that since I never had that issue while using Windows 7. LOL! I ranted, I fixed, I'm good. SOLVED!!!
    Toshiba DX1215, Intel Core i5-2410 CPU 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64-Bit OS
    Quote Quote