VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to capture video and audio RAW (or lossless) in ffmpeg which later I will crop and encode. I got it partially working for video which I think is h264 lossless, but audio is lossy.

First time I did this, so not sure how I can set the audio to a lossless format like FLAC or PCM?

HDD space is not an issue as I have an 8TB HDD so raw maybe the best, how do I then convert back to h264/aac?

This works for me which I think is h264 lossless but audio is still lossy.

ffmpeg -f gdigrab -framerate 30 -draw_mouse 1 -i desktop -f dshow -i audio="Stereo Mix (Realtek High Defini" -c:v libx264 -qp 0 -pix_fmt yuv444p -preset ultrafast "out.mkv"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's generally better to capture and save audio as PCM for VHS captures, I don't know about your setup. You can convert to FLAC after the capture is done with if your wish to cut the audio filesize in half.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi KarMa thanks for your reply.

I don't mind using PCM just don't know what the syntax for it would be? IMO I would like to capture video + audio raw and then later edit and compress. Though I use Adobe Premiere to crop/edit not sure it would support PCM or RAW video. So I figured I would convert RAW to high bitrate of h264/aac and then do my editing, cropping etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Adobe PP should have no problem with PCM audio, and should be able to work with most of the top lossless formats (Huffyuv, Lagarith, FFV1, Ut Video). Should check before you do a lot of captures.
    Quote Quote