VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there , Trying to download a part of youtube video ,like from min x to min y and so on .

Usually i use ffmpeg for direct link videos,and its straight forward when u have a direct link to the video , but with youtube its messy , I can't figure out how to do this especially with the separate files for audio and video for quality like 1080P+.

Tried using youtube-dl , but did not work with me , I hope that someone can help me to integrate those two amazing programs and find a code that works .
    This is the code i usually use to download specific parts of videos , now how to use it with youtube-dl to download part of a youtube video? .
    Code:
        ffmpeg -ss 00:01:00 -i "video url" -t 	50 -c copy output.mkv
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Check out start_time and end_time with the -o option.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks mate , a little more clarification would be great , i have been using ss with ffmpeg , so i should disregard that or what ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can transfer the download to ffmpeg. Code:

youtube-dl --external-downloader ffmpeg --external-downloader-args "xxxxx -yyy"
    Quote Quote