VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Since megui doesn't support anymore the bluray stream extractor tool, I switched to HD-DVD-Bluray stream extractor v.0.9. But eac3to v.3.34 fails to extract AC3 from DTS and I use v.3.33. Is there sth wrong with the newest version or should I do sth else?

Does anybody recommend another gui application?
    Quote Quote  
  2. MeGUI's HD Streams Extractor is still under the Tools menu and updated more recently than the HD-DVD-Bluray Stream Extractor on which is was originally based.

I assume you're referring to "converting" DTS to AC3, but eac3to 3.34 converts DTS to AC3 for me via MeGUI's HD-DVD-Bluray Stream Extractor. I don't work with Bluray video much these days though. It might be a problem with a specific file or container format, but you haven't supplied much in the way of details, so it's impossible to guess.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM

In Megui v.2836 there is not an option for converting DTS to AC3 directly from the bluray stream extractor tool. That's why I use the other GUI application....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Up in the top left corner there's a Settings menu. It should be a button or there should be a drop-down arrow or something to indicate it's "clickable", but if you didn't know it is, try clicking on Settings and selecting "show all decoding options". Hopefully, that'll be the reason.

Also, in case you didn't know, there was a "+Options" column in the GUI, next to the "Extract As" column, for specifying additional eac3to options, but a menu item to show or hide the column was added to the Settings menu recently, and for some reason it's hidden by default.
    Quote Quote