VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of Wight on Bluray and before he takes the stage and gives his performance the disc interviews former band members and others etc. What I would like to do is remove this introductory material and custom make my own disc. So when it plays it just shows him walking toward the stage and then gives his performance.

I have VideoPad Video Editor which I am going to try first. I first made an MKV file of the entire disk and loaded that into VideoPad and then edited out the introductory material and when my blank Bluray Disks arrive later today I will then tell VideoPad to burn my new file to disk.

I have no idea how well or sharp it is going to look as I have never used VideoPad in this way before.

But may I ask is there any other way to do this while preserving excellent original disc quality?

I tried XMedia Recode but that won't work. It didn't even load the file when I opened it from the disk.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Vegas Architect can't even do a fade in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Architect is an authoring program.

So you would do all your editing/transitions in Vegas itself and then import your project in to Architect
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Someone else will come along and recommend a specific tool, but the general idea is to extract just the MPEG-2 file(s) that contain the concert, which are likely separate from the introductory file(s), then burn those to a new disc. If you use an editor, you are likely re-encoding the material, which introduces degradation.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Vegas. Vegas Architect. It's still Vegas. What's the difference?

I agree with your comment about using a Video Editor that most likely introduces degradation.

If I could find a piece of software that can list all the m2ts files it's a Bluray and just burn those needed that may work.
    Quote Quote  
  6. No piece of software I have tried so far will play an .m2ts file. I've tried KM Player, 5K Player, MHC, VLC. Nope. None will play the file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The difference ? I thought I had explained that.

Architect is sold on its own or comes as part of one of the Vegas suites. If it contained all the editing functions of the main program there would not be the need of that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Main program? You must be referring to that expensive Vegas Pro then.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by 357mag View Post
    No piece of software I have tried so far will play an .m2ts file. I've tried KM Player, 5K Player, MHC, VLC. Nope. None will play the file.
    Every one of those players can play m2ts files. If they aren't playing your m2ts files there's something wrong with the files. You can't just copy (or play) m2ts files off a Blu-ray disc -- they're encrypted.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You can't just copy (or play) m2ts files off a Blu-ray disc -- they're encrypted.
    OP says he already ripped an MKV. I would think something like MKVToolNix could do the job of extracting the appropriate segments for re-authoring.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Been a long time since I used MakeMKV (assume that the OP used this to rip). But pretty sure you can select the m2ts file(s) to rip without resorting to the whole shooting match.

Of course if those intros are part of the main feature and not viewed as such through a playlist then there is no other option that to edit.

What about avidemux to do a lossless edit ? But if the OP wants transitions in the mix for the new disk there will still be re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Forget about the fades. Just use a non reencoding editor and cut on the nearest IDR frame. It's Blu-ray so they will be frequent (about 1 second). If you really need more accurate cuts use a smart editor like VideoRedo -- it will only reencode the cut GOPs. You should be able to figure out the program and make you cut(s) within the free trial period.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Don't know if MakeMKV will do it. It does not list m2ts files. Its lists things according to MB. It does not list all the individual m2ts files that are present.

So I would have to decrypt a m2ts file first before any of these players will play it? What do I use to decrypt the file?

And then you gotta find which m2ts file represents all those introductory interviews, and these files don't seem to be in order.
    Last edited by 357mag; 16th May 2018 at 12:45.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Like I said, I only used it once for a specific disk as I just needed an extra. But IIRC it was by trial and error as file-naming is not helpful. But if it lists the files in MB it surely is a no-brainer as to which is the main feature.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/4

Tells you how to make a decrypted backup of a blu-ray disc.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Like I said, I only used it once for a specific disk as I just needed an extra. But IIRC it was by trial and error as file-naming is not helpful. But if it lists the files in MB it surely is a no-brainer as to which is the main feature.
    Problem is the Main Feature includes the introductory interviews. I would need to find the file or files that exclude that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If those introductory interviews really are part of the largest file on the disk, there is nothing you can find.

Aren't there chapter points which you can simply skip so you do not have to watch these if it really bothers you that much ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by 357mag View Post
    I have Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of Wight on Bluray and before he takes the stage and gives his performance the disc interviews former band members and others etc. What I would like to do is remove this introductory material and custom make my own disc. So when it plays it just shows him walking toward the stage and then gives his performance.

I have VideoPad Video Editor which I am going to try first. I first made an MKV file of the entire disk and loaded that into VideoPad and then edited out the introductory material and when FetLife IMVU Canva my blank Bluray Disks arrive later today I will then tell VideoPad to burn my new file to disk.

I have no idea how well or sharp it is going to look as I have never used VideoPad in this way before.

But may I ask is there any other way to do this while preserving excellent original disc quality?

I tried XMedia Recode but that won't work. It didn't even load the file when I opened it from the disk.
    Another person will tag along and prescribe a particular apparatus, yet the general thought is to remove only the MPEG-2 file(s) that contain the show, which are likely isolated from the initial file(s), at that point consume those to another circle. In the event that you utilize a manager, you are likely re-encoding the material, which presents corruption.
    Last edited by jackymalvirro; 21st Oct 2018 at 12:34.
    Quote Quote