VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Consider supporting us by disable adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread
  1. This is the original sub.

    Image
    [Attachment 45612 - Click to enlarge]


    When I use Subtitle Workshop to convert it to .srt... It become like this.
    it have a numbering in every line.

    Image
    [Attachment 45613 - Click to enlarge]


    Please can someone help me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member netmask56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Your second example is correct - that's how a SRT file should look.

    https://matroska.org/technical/specs/subtitles/srt.html
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn C200 and A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 ~ Yamaha RX-A1030 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote  
  3. Attach the .srt file here. Dealing with screenshots is cumbersome.

    I'd probably try SubtitleEdit and if that one doesn't work some regex magic.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The issue is Linux (LF) or Mac (CR) style EOL vs. DOS/Teletype style EOL (CR+LF).

    Load your original sub in Wordpad instead of Notepad. Save as ANSI text (DOS/Notepad CR LF sytle).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Image
    [Attachment 45625 - Click to enlarge]


    I tried wordpad and subtitle edit but the double number keep appearing anymore idea how to edit to remove the number.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Maybe try a different subtitle editor? Subtitle Workshop?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Maybe try a different subtitle editor? Subtitle Workshop?
    I tried subtitle workshop, it still have that number... see below


    Image
    [Attachment 45630 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Open the file in notepad or Word. Search and replace the right bracket and numbers (i>*), then replace </ with </i>

    If you have lots of files to work with, you can use a Search and Replace program like this: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/irapid.html
    Last edited by lingyi; 14th May 2018 at 00:24. Reason: DON'T use >*. Use i>* and </ as corrected
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    you can use a Search and Replace program like this: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/irapid.html
    Yes. The regex should be pretty simple. I do it in SublimeText ("Find"->"Replace (CTRL+H)"):
    Image
    [Attachment 45635 - Click to enlarge]


    Manually check the last line for correctness. I can't see it in your screenshot.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads