VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Well after much trial and error trying to make head or tail of AViSynth and following tutorial videos, it has lead me to AvsPmod which makes working with script a bit easier.. I'm trying to deinterlace an MP4 file, but it keeps reading at '100,000fps' so wont play in the preview window/keeps freezing up AvsPmod.

Here's my script

SetMTMode(5, 6)
    DirectShowSource("C:\Desktop\Video Files\BBC One.mp4", audio=true)
    ConvertToYV12()
    SetMTMode(2)
    AssumeTFF()
    QTGMC( Preset="Slower", SourceMatch=3, Lossless=2, EdiThreads=1 )
    Distributor()
    The source video is PAL 1080i, 50 fields per second. I've tried using AssumeFPS(50.00) but it doesn't change anything.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DirectShowSource("C:\Desktop\Video Files\BBC One.mp4", audio=true)
    AssumeTFF()
    QTGMC()
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try
    DirectShowSource("C:\Desktop\Video Files\BBC One.mp4", audio=true, fps=25)

Or a different source filter.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/LSMASHSource

LoadPlugin("C:\Desktop\Plugins\LSMASHSource.dll") # or wherever you save the dll.
    LSMASHVideoSource("C:\Desktop\Video Files\BBC One.mp4")
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Try
    DirectShowSource("C:\Desktop\Video Files\BBC One.mp4", audio=true, fps=25)

Or a different source filter.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/LSMASHSource

LoadPlugin("C:\Desktop\Plugins\LSMASHSource.dll") # or wherever you save the dll.
    LSMASHVideoSource("C:\Desktop\Video Files\BBC One.mp4")
    Thanks, it's at least displaying the correct fps now. I hear LMASH is better to use for MP4 files over Direct, though in both cases it only displays the first frame in the preview window, and when i press Play it just freezes up and the program goes into 'Not Responding' mode, before eventually closing down..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try opening the MP4 and remuxing it as an MKV with MKVToolNix GUI. If it's corrupted, MKVToolNix should offer warnings or errors and give you an idea what's going on.

If you do remux it as an MKV and use it as the source, you'll need to use the following to open it with LSmash.
    '
    LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Desktop\Video Files\BBC One.mkv")

DirectShowSource isn't frame accurate so it's best used as a last resort method if nothing else will open a source. Plus it relies on having appropriate DirectShow codecs installed for the video/audio being decoded. If you encode a source from beginning to end DirectShowSource is usually fine, but if there's frames being requested out of order due to filtering or editing in a script etc, it can be problematic.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Have done so, but it just keeps freezing/not responding. I've also opened the script in Virtual Dub but it just keeps crashing, but gives me the reason why.. i think.

Crash reason: Unhandled Microsoft C++ Exception

Crash context:
    An exception occurred in module 'KERNELBASE'.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post
    Have done so, but it just keeps freezing/not responding. I've also opened the script in Virtual Dub but it just keeps crashing, but gives me the reason why.. i think.

Crash context:
    Remove the "Distributor()" call in your script, most encoders already call that function. Having it in the script as well duplicates the number of threads, increases memory usage and reduces efficiency.
    You can also try to reduce the number of threads to 4 (SetMTMode(5, 4).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Zeppo View Post
    Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post

Crash context:
    Remove the "Distributor()" call in your script, most encoders already call that function. Having it in the script as well duplicates the number of threads, increases memory usage and reduces efficiency.
    You can also try to reduce the number of threads to 4 (SetMTMode(5, 4).
    Thanks, Vdub didn't crash at least. I'm not sure Vdub is the ideal program for this format though. I'd rather not wait a day to render about 10 seconds of footage and have it be a big AVI file. Is there any program that will read this script and render it as MP4 with no change in quality (other than de-interlacing) so i can just then trim the video for uploading.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Well after removing all the multi-threading stuff things are running a bit more smoothly. Can render the video in a decent amount of time using FFmpeg.

Though having issues with the video, after rendering it keeps jumping back a few frames/looping every second or so, but the audio is still playing at normal speed. The looping problem is also present in AVSmod when i previewed it frame by frame, even before i render it.

Here is the revised script

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Desktop\Plugins\LSMASHSource. dll")
    FN="C:\Users\Desktop\Video Files\BBC One.mp4"
    LSMASHVideoSource(FN)
    Audio=LSMASHAudioSource(FN)
    #Return Info()
    AudioDub(Audio)
    AssumeTFF()
    QTGMC( Preset="Slower").SelectEven
    What could be causing this?
    Quote Quote