VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi sometime tubedigger does not pick up the correct video size for some videos. I was wondering how can i tell youtube.dl or ffmpeg to download video in ts rather than mp4 all the time. I looked all the pages and internet for this and none is help me out. I use windows ubuntu. But i want to use ubuntu for this much easier for me to download since im on ubuntu all the time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To force youtube-dl to download .ts and avoid ffmpeg processing:

Code:
    --hls-prefer-native --hls-use-mpegts --fixup warn
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks when I get a chance ill test it out. Ill report back on how it went.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Or specify an output name with the extension .ts.

youtube-dl -o filename.ts URL

Though Vidd's method is better because it muxes to ts directly. The method I gave first downloads the native format then re-muxes to ts.
    Last edited by jagabo; 9th May 2018 at 20:02.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just realized the parameters I posted will only work with HLS streams.

Use the switches I posted along with jagabo's suggestion of the .ts extension. If the stream is direct http or rtmp, the .ts extension should mux it to .ts.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for both of your guys helps. Vidd I first tried your command it did not work on two of the links i needed maybe cause the links were not hls. But if i run across any hls protected links ill use yours. jagabo your command works great for for two of the links I needed so far. Thanks again for your help.
    Quote Quote