VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @raffriff42

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/388933-Slowing-Down-Video-Gradually#post2519250

I didn't want to detour an ongoing thread, so I'm posting it seperately.

The SickJumps.dll referenced in the link requires AviSynch 2.6 and Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.
    They are both installed, but using the script as shown in the link, gets the error message "module not found..."

Running AVSMeter lists missing dependencies, thus:

LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\SickJumps.dl
    l", Module not found. Install missing library?

Dependencies that could not be loaded:
    MSVCP140D.dll
    VCRUNTIME140D.dll
    ucrtbased.dll

Are these missing parts of C++ or simply missed out from SickJumps.dll..?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Those are Microsoft runtime libraries from Visual C++ 2015. The GitHub repository and the docs that come with the filter tell you that. You need to download and install the libraries from Microsoft.

I wasn't sure about ucrtbased.dll but this might help:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33743493/why-visual-studio-2015-cant-run-exe-file-ucrtbased-dll

select "Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015" during installation
    Last edited by jagabo; 6th May 2018 at 22:50.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for responding.
    Visual C++ is/was installed (I had uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version (64 and 86) from Microsoft to be sure), but the results were as listed in my initial post.
    The stackoverflow link is referring to problems installing Visual Studio - which I don't have installed - thus "select Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015 during installation" doesn't apply - or is this program a prerequisite?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sambat View Post
    Visual C++ is/was installed (I had uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version (64 and 86) from Microsoft to be sure), but the results were as listed in my initial post.
    You don't want the latest version you want the 2015 version. Each new version of Visual Studio has a new version of the runtimes -- not compatible with other versions.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I'll pass on Visual Studio and SickJump.
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    Bye.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm sorry, sambat! I didn't have an account here but felt I should register to apologize because I feel like an ass. The problem is entirely on my end.

I accidentally built the 32-bit version of my plugin in Debug mode, which demands the debug version of various support libraries, which only developers have and need. I was careful to inspect the 64-bit build, but neglected to give the same attention to the x86 version.

I've now updated the plugin, and if you head to https://github.com/ItEndsWithTens/SickJumps/releases/tag/v0.1.1 you can download the new release, which shouldn't require anything beyond the 2015 redistributable that I see you already have installed.

If it still doesn't work, or if you have any other questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to help. Sorry again for the inconvenience!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bingo!
    Dropped the x86 version into the plugins folder and the script opened in VirtualDub without complaint.
    Thank you for responding.
    Quote Quote