VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello i explain myself, i am trying doing color correction for a while and i never find a good white balance plugin script for avisynth
    i explain myself
    i have r2j dvd having several tint issues , in after effect there is a good plugin called lumetri color that remove color cast just in one click but for avisynth all i find don't worth it

coloryuv(autowhite = true) is pure shit, the result is worst than the original
    awb just make colors cold so you have a blue color cast on all the image

acobw and white balance for virtual dub are also shit (acobw just play with contrast and don't remove any color cast) and white balance result to a red color in the white

so i was wondering if someone build a good plugins that can do it frame by frame without tricking with luminosity brightness (cause it is destructive for details) and give a result that worth it

i have tried colormill for virtual dub but it's really a pain doing it manually and for each part of one episode

avisynth is great but i never understood why there isn't any valuable white balance plugins created
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Learn to use DaVinci.
    At worst, an NLE like Premiere.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by greatfinders View Post
    Hello i explain myself, i am trying doing color correction for a while and i never find a good white balance plugin script for avisynth. ... so i was wondering if someone build a good plugins that can do it frame by frame without tricking with luminosity brightness (cause it is destructive for details) and give a result that worth it

i have tried colormill for virtual dub but it's really a pain doing it manually and for each part of one episode

avisynth is great but i never understood why there isn't any valuable white balance plugins created
    Take a look, over in doom9.org, at GamMac. It is designed to provide both gamma (brightness) as well as color correction. It is an AVISynth plugin. It works best if you use a modified version of each frame (cropped) in order that the auto-adjustment algorithms will work properly.

When you get to doom9.org, ask your questions in that thread rather than here, because I don't think there are many people here who are familiar with how it works. At doom9.org, StainlessS did the actual coding, but VideoFred is the one who has figured out how to create a test clip that makes GamMac work well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can do this very fast with DaVinci, you can preview it as you go.
    Quote Quote