VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a new acer ed242qr monitor and found that after a few hours using a displayport cable that the screen would instantly get distorted,i tried using 3 different dp cables including a vesa certified but they all had the same problem,I replaced my gtx 970 with a gtx 1070 and had the exact same issues with the distortion,if i try to change the resolution the screen goes black and the computer locks up.

What i found is when i use a hdmi cable the pictures never gets distorted even after 2 weeks.I got a couple pics to show what i mean,when i try a dual link dvi cable the picture looks really pale with white lines at 144hz but ok at 60hz.

Anyone else getting this issue?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	distorted.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	816.5 KB
ID:	45459  

Click image for larger version

Name:	normal.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	934.4 KB
ID:	45460  

I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    my son just got an acer gn246hl 144htz 1ms monitor. installed on a 1070 with the acer included dvi cable. no problems here at 144htz.

i'd try a better dual link dvi cable?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Gotta wait a few days for another dvi cable,i think the monitor is at fault since the dp input has issues plus since the dvi dual link has issues but the hdmi works fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    could be but i thought hdmi wouldn't pass the 144htz signal and it would be stuck running at 60htz? have you checked?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The hdmi is running at 120hz,it can do 144hz so i have a hdmi 2.0 cable coming in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To be honest, that is pretty awkward actually. I have also had a similar acer monitor back in the day when we were using the gtx 1070, and you know, I did not have any kind of similar issues with it, it was working perfectly back then. It was not a gaming monitor, however it was rather great for that, as I still like to play some video games from times to times. I still remember that it was also listed on https://www.how2pc.com/best-gaming-monitor-under-200-144hz/ as a great monitor for gaming as well.
    Last edited by Benhart; 15th Jun 2021 at 10:17.
    Quote Quote