VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Where can I download portable versions of media players, which cannot be found on this site, such as portable versions of PotPlayer and GOM Player?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Google
    Quote Quote  
  3. What player do you use? I would stick with one.

I personally use MPC-BE for years, even MPC-HC was then developed "actively".

There is a portable 7z/zip available, just extract it and save settings to ini file -> see first options page.

PotPlayer installer exe can be unzipped with 7-Zip, but I don't use it, for several reasons.
    GOMPlayer, well, keep away from it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by rowjekto View Post
    Where can I download portable versions of media players, which cannot be found on this site, such as portable versions of PotPlayer and GOM Player?
    Regarding PotPlayer - Polish translator makes portable versions of the program with a few addons (OpenCodec, AviSynth+, VapourSynth & SVPflow, some configured profiles)

https://potplayerclub.pl/download/download-category/pot-pl/

If you browse his website deeper (with help of Google translate) you might find more interesting things.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Portableapps.com has portable versions of ALOT of programs and have been tested beforehand to run as such. You dont need to install portableapps itself to thumbrive, you can usually just unzip the program you want to a folder and run it unless it has external portable dependencies
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote