VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9DHXt2_c3A

Hello everyone, I read a lot of posts. The best device for VHS digital work should be videomixer. For two reasons, they have an S-video interface, and Panasonic's videomixer now uses 12bit-14bit precision. They have a frame synchronizer. From this video point of view, its TBC is perfect. Have you ever used a friend with TBC videomixser? In China these machines require $300
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What kind of nonsense is this ?

If you want to do video-mixing i.e. take from a multiple of sources to one output then fine. But use one for a TBC that is just overkill (even if it works as one)

$300 ?? more like $3000 US
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it good? Nope.

Mixers tend to have weak TBCs (if any at all), and then they expect broadcast sources. At worst, S-VHS, as you (used to) find in high schools, colleges, and local cable companies. But it was more ideal with Betacam. These days, everybody is using HD cameras, DV SD at worst. Yes, DV processed on an analog mixer, if for no other reason than teaching purposes + budget constraints of the program.

Bit precision means squat with VHS/S-VHS or Video8/Hi8. As long as it has 8 bits, you're fine.

If you want a mixer, fine, get it, great mixer. If you want a TBC, then get a TBC.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Is it good? Nope.

Mixers tend to have weak TBCs (if any at all), and then they expect broadcast sources. At worst, S-VHS, as you (used to) find in high schools, colleges, and local cable companies. But it was more ideal with Betacam. These days, everybody is using HD cameras, DV SD at worst. Yes, DV processed on an analog mixer, if for no other reason than teaching purposes + budget constraints of the program.

Bit precision means squat with VHS/S-VHS or Video8/Hi8. As long as it has 8 bits, you're fine.

If you want a mixer, fine, get it, great mixer. If you want a TBC, then get a TBC.
    Hello, I am in China. Chinese VCR players have no concept of TBC. In fact, the biggest problem with capture devices is the color problem. For example, conpus's ADVC series, there is always the problem of lack of color through the monitor. In fact, if we can achieve the perfect TBC pass on the color reproduction of the digital miniDV of the AV cable at the terminal device? I found a USB device that seems to be the ideal workflow. After watching the youtube video, I discovered that it did not have problems with insufficient color or darkening.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Is it good? Nope.

There is already enough test data to show. The digital camera is more capable of correcting the edge image, but because the digital camera is not S-VIDEO transmission, the color and contrast will decrease. But recently I have seen a satisfying color in China. I think it should be a pinnicle device. Its parameter is mpeg2(8000 rate)
    But it is the most perfect color I have ever seen. Although it has a certain TBC problem, it has no problem with its color.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ图片20180422214813.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	45408

Name:	QQ图片20180422214849.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	45409

Name:	QQ图片20180422214838.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	45410
    Quote Quote  
  6. Should we critically update our concept of capture and use color capabilities as an important basis for assessment? This tape is PAL common format. But it is already the best color recovery level in the world.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Is it good? Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0h1URqi2Vw
    I seem to need this color device, can you recommend one, and can it work in potplayer? Because POTPLAYER supports avs script
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by 280634157 View Post
    For example, conpus's ADVC series, there is always the problem of lack of color through the monitor.
    So just crank up the saturation in post.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by 280634157 View Post
    But it is the most perfect color I have ever seen. Although it has a certain TBC problem, it has no problem with its color.
    You must be nearly blind and have been looking at some godawful ugly color. Those women have skin that looks as if they have critical liver disease. Pumpkin colored skin? Crushed blacks? Smeary blurry image?

The more I look at the images the more I realize that you're joking.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    You must be nearly blind and have been looking at some godawful ugly color. Those women have skin that looks as if they have critical liver disease. Pumpkin colored skin? Crushed blacks? Yellow eyeballs? Bleeding reds? Line timing errors? Smeary blurry images?

- My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    You must be nearly blind and have been looking at some godawful ugly color. Those women have skin that looks as if they have critical liver disease. Pumpkin colored skin? Crushed blacks? Yellow eyeballs? Bleeding reds? Line timing errors? Smeary blurry images?

This is Panasonic's CVC technology. At the same time it has DNR, haha. CVC is characterized by jelly color.
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:pGood video equipment looks close to your eyes and your eyes will not feel a little tired. This is what the Philips 29-inch TV set in the 1990s told me. That is good
    Quote Quote  
  12. Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-6829-01-19-19h34m45s640.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	45412Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-6007-05-11-16h45m00s794.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	45413Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-9824-01-28-00h58m48s707.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	45414
    Equipment AVerMedia C725 effect
    Quote Quote  
  13. Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-7048-02-27-15h55m10s663.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	45415Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-0073-04-19-03h19m18s498.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	45416Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-1887-02-24-12h37m39s998.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	45417Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-3912-09-26-08h21m50s132.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	45418Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2198-06-23-06h28m07s344.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	45419
    Equipment AVerMedia C725 effect +1999 12 AG 4700 PAL VHS 1993 remaster by me(made in china)
    NDR on TBC on
    Quote Quote