VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the specifics for this player I bought in 2016 from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4NDR8U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I watched the new edition of The Tales of Hoffmann which is Country Code B. I watched it more than once. Now it does not play it. It does read NTSC and PAL but not Code B anylonger.

What is happening?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since Sony do not produce Multi-Region Blu-Ray players what you have is a modified one and no manuf guarantee.

Have you updated the firmware ? That might have killed it's multi-region status.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DB83, thanks a lot for your prompt reply. You are right, Sony do not make Multi-Region-Blu-ray players. I've learned that years ago when I call Sonny technical support and they told me exactly the same. My mistake, those players that are advertised and sold as multi-retion, they are, but not by the manufacturer!
    And this time it was my ignorance again. Just by reading last night when I wanted to by a new one with 3-D from Panasonic, in the Customers QA section someone was complaining about the same thing and another customer told her that, in order to change from one Region Code to another (A, B, C), one of the color keys had to pressed (there is one for each Code) while the tray is still out! So I tried, and he was right! I never new that.
    Thanks a lot anyways.
    Quote Quote