VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to capture analog Hi8 video from a Sony TRV-328. I have bought a VideoGrabber that plugs to the USB, and only get the video but no sound. Am I doing something wrong? How can I fix this? My computer is running Win10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Did you connect the black plug from the Sony A/V cable to the white or red jack on the Video Grabber?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Also make sure your capture software is set to record audio from the capture device, not the the computer's microphone, line-in, or other audio source.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Billkjell View Post
    My computer is running Win10.
    I extend my condolences. Do you think there could possibly be reasons why so many users recommend that you avoid Windows 10 and cheap capture gear?
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to each of you.
    I tried the black plug in each the red and white.
    As far as setting the capture device to record audio, there does not seem to be an option. It shows only line in.
    Sorry to be so dumb about this.

As for Windows 10 that is what I have!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Make sure the Sony AV cable is pushed all the way in. Try some DeOxit on the jack. Plug the black RCA connector into a stereo or something else that has an RCA audio input. If no sound, then the cable is bad, the camera is bad, or there is no audio on the tape.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dare I ask the make/model of this video grabber ?

If there is no setting in the capture software for audio connected direct to the grabber you will have to connect the audio cable to your audio-in connector on your sound card or main board. And then you might have audio sync issues.
    Quote Quote