VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,

I have an Anime DVD which I'm looking to convert to x264. I think I need to IVTC the footage. I've applied some of my limited knowledge to understand the original frame rate and frame types for this clip.

Using Bob Doubler in virtualdub (TFF) I have identified a pattern of 2:3 over a scene with slight panning (frames 745-924). Adding TFM and Tdecimate in an aviscript works well but on the above scene there is ghosting. How do I remove this?

I also notice ghosting on frame 42.

I have a feeling I'm working with a difficult source here. I need some help in understanding the source material and the action I need to take to fix this before converting.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone help me at all?
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's film with pulldown but some sections were sped up or slowed down with field blending. It won't be easy to inverse telecine. You'll have to work in sections then join them. Depending on you needs, it would be easier to just smart bob it with QTGMC() and leave it at 59.94 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's film with pulldown but some sections were sped up or slowed down with field blending. It won't be easy to inverse telecine. You'll have to work in sections then join them. Depending on you needs, it would be easier to just smart bob it with QTGMC() and leave it at 59.94 fps.
    jagabo - appreciate your reply.

In the short run I will probably just stick with the original plan (TFM and Decimate).

How would I go about incorporating QTGMC into my script?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just replace TMF and TDecimate with QTGMC.
    Quote Quote