VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Definitely exported audio. If I play it in VLC I get audio but not video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Definitely exported audio. If I play it in VLC I get audio but not video.
    A/V works for me for the vdub export in VLC. What version ? Try updating VLC ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wasn't it established earlier in the thread that VLC doesn't support third-party, and thus CineForm? It just slipped my mind when I was testing (and VLC is my default media player), but once I heard audio it was irrelevant. The file clearly contains both streams.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Wasn't it established earlier in the thread that VLC doesn't support third-party, and thus CineForm? It just slipped my mind when I was testing (and VLC is my default media player), but once I heard audio it was irrelevant. The file clearly contains both streams.
    VLC used libav/ffmpeg libraries. I already mentioned there is an open source cineform decoder. But it's not optimized (about 2-3x slower, and there are documented artifacts in some situations, I don't know if they have been fixed yet) . It's good enough for preview purposes

prores support has been in libav/ffmpeg for many more years, so it's more mature on the both the encoding/ decoding sides . In fact , the quality is higher than certified official prores. But the tradeoff is compatibility in some applications. Some programs don't like the ffmpeg version (likely because of metadata)
    Quote Quote