VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Image
    [Attachment 45133 - Click to enlarge]

Anyone know how to remove these annoying information while playing MP4 from my Potplayer?

I thought it was the general OSD (Tab) of the Potplayer, however, it's not, and I could find any way to remove them, it block 1/4 of my video!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm just guessing, so I might be wrong.
    - it might be some metadata/info/tag inside your mp4 video file muxed by the camera used to record it - txt, xml, etc. And PotPlayer picks it up as subtitles. See if you can turn it off - right-click, Subtitles - untick Show/Hide Subtitles (Alt+H)
    - it might be a file outside mp4. See if there's something with corresponding name in the folder. There might be only one such file, but carrying info/data for each video file. Plus the file/s may be hidden and you need to change it in your system to see them. Try to take the mp4 file out of the source folder and then play it.
    - use MediaInfo to see what's inside your mp4 apart from video (and audio). If so, use BOX4 (make sure to set audio and video to copy - so you don't lose quality) or MKVToolNix GUI to remux/repack your video. Untick everything you don't need.
    - if you edit videos make sure your editting software doesn't need those additional files before deleting them.

What camera was used to shoot the video? Give exact name.
    Quote Quote  
  3. genius!!! annoying text disappeared after disabling subtitles!!!

thanks so much!!!
    Quote Quote