VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a friend who is now in a nursing home with dementia - he was quite computer literate but is slowly losing the ability. I've been asked to copy some of his favorite DVD's and make them default ON for the subs, not burnt in, he can use the remote and play DVD's but it was suggested to make it as simple as possible so as not to agitate him. As he is slightly hard of hearing he has traditionally used subs for the last few years. I can't find any help in AVS on this and I assume I will probably have to use IFOEdit before burning to disc. That's OK if that's the case. It's a really dreadful situation as we have been friends since out teenage years. I'm 80 so it's been a long time...
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  2. PGCEdit can do it easily enough. Don't know about AvsToDVD.

http://download.videohelp.com/r0lZ/pgcedit/third_party/2cool/subtitles/subtitles_on_de...lt_pgcedit.htm

The guide is very thorough. It takes less time to do it than to read it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I have used it many years ago, time to reread...
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could also just hard code the subtitles with AVStoDVD from the subtitles page available after clicking on the View/Edit Title Settings button.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes that was my suggestion to the family but they said he could get agitated if he coudn't turn them off if he had a mind to. He used to rewrite new subs if he felt they were wrong - he was both a writer and stage director with TV experience and quite pedantic about spelling and grammar. It's really so sad for me.
    Quote Quote