VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was able to transfer the AVCHD folder from my Canon Vixia R600 camera to a FAT32 flash drive and play it on my PS3 flawlessly. However, when I burnt the AVCHD folder to a BD-R, the PS3 refuses to recognize the AVCHD format and instead loads it as a data disc (Resulting in unwatchable playback due to the PS3's filesystem loading too many files at once from the STREAM directory).

I used IMGBurn to build/burn the disc in 2 ways: (1) with the root as AVCHD and (2) with the AVCHD folder as a subdirectory. Neither way worked.

I recorded in 1080/60p mode, which I speculate may be the problem (I was surprised it played as AVCHD off the flash drive, since I didn't think 1080/60p was supported on the PS3). Is there any workaround for this or am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Probably because it is a data disc
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I should have suggested try using IMGBurn to burn it as a Blu ray video disc, might work - https://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu-ray-copy/260-burn-blu-ray-avchd-using-imgburn
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Pretty simple: AVCHD has 2 specs, v1 and v2.
    1080p60 video is only supported in v2,
    And
    Ps3 does not support either of the 2 variations of v2 - 60p or 3D. Ps3 only supports v1.

Plus, a proper burning of avchd puts the avchd folder within the [private] folder within the root folder,. So you also had the structure wrong, and no player would/should recognize it that way.

Scott
    Quote Quote