VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Attraction. Reaction. djb247365's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I just tested the nightly build of LAVFilters and a lot of my videos began to have some very noticeable time seeking issues. I've noticed this regardless of the media players I've tested with it. When I reverted back to the stable version, I can seek through files with such ease, regardless of the media player. Is anyone aware of any changes that were made in the LAVFilters nightly build, that would cause slow file seeking issues? Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I did a quick test and didn't notice any issue.
    Originally Posted by djb247365 View Post
    a lot of my videos began to have some very noticeable time seeking issues
    "Noticeable" in what way exactly? Post MediaInfo of your movies. Are you using HW decoding?

Also:
    Try to pinpoint the exact nightly version the problem was introduced.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Attraction. Reaction. djb247365's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would seek through some of my video files, which seem perfectly fine, and the seeking would be ridiculously slow. However, going back to the stable build, it worked perfectly. I noticed some newly named files in the nightly build, so I wonder what changes may have occured that could cause this issue of slow seeking through videos? And the nightly build was 0.71.0-28, which is the most recent nightly build of LAVFilters. It was noticed in the first nightly build after the most recent stable edition was released.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by djb247365 View Post
    I would seek through some of my video files
    What kind of files? Are they different from the ones that work? (MediaInfo, View->Text)

I noticed some newly named files in the nightly build, so I wonder what changes may have occured that could cause this issue of slow seeking through videos?
    The libraries from ffmpeg change from time to time with their file name number going +1. That's normal. You can delete the old ones.

It was noticed in the first nightly build after the most recent stable edition was released.
    What was noticed? The slow seeking or only the file names changing/+1?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Attraction. Reaction. djb247365's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    I would seek through some of my video files
    What kind of files? Are they different from the ones that work? (MediaInfo, View->Text)

I noticed some newly named files in the nightly build, so I wonder what changes may have occured that could cause this issue of slow seeking through videos?
    The libraries from ffmpeg change from time to time with their file name number going +1. That's normal. You can delete the old ones.

It was noticed in the first nightly build after the most recent stable edition was released.
    What was noticed? The slow seeking or only the file names changing/+1?
    These were mostly mp4 and mkv files. The libraries you mentioned, appeared to have changed numbers, but I wonder what changes within those could cause slow seeking within my files, that were not there with the stable build.
    Quote Quote