VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed that if the option “Use autochange fullscreen monitor mode” is checked, the display mode settings (refresh rate & definition) are not reset if you play the file on another screen.

Example :
    Step 1 : I watch a 24 fps movie on my secondary screen (1080p), the display mode is “[ 24 ] @ 1920x1080 p”.
    Step 2 : I close MPC-HC, open it again on my first screen (computer, 4K@60Hz), the settings are still “[ 24 ] @ 1920x1080 p”, which is not adapted to that screen.

If I uncheck the option “Use autochange fullscreen monitor mode” between steps 1 & 2, there would be no issue for screen 1 (as there’s only one refresh rate on my first screen), but the settings would be lost for the secondary screen.
    I’d like to be able to watch the movie on any screen, applying the settings defined for each.

Does MPC-HC work that way by design, or should I suggest a feature request?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Seems to be by design. You can of course ask for such a feature but currently no one is doing feature requests, only one developer doing mainly small fixes.

If you use madvr renderer you can have per-display settings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Thanks for the answer. Indeed, it works the way I want : the best display mode is used on each display.
    Now the drawback : switching to a different display mode involves an audio lag, which MPC-HC can handle for each mode. So I'm now using the "Optimize" function of madVR to resync audio & video.
    Quote Quote