VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i recently found an ABOSS AB-90PS dvd player (a brand i'd not heard of) at goodwill. it appears to be in decent shape & seems to be region free as is. there was no remote with it (normal for goodwill items). i figured i'd find a remote on ebay from one of those knockoff stores in hong kong & taiwan, but no luck. i've done web searches, but can find almost no mention of ABOSS and no mention of this model at all, like it never existed. i've tried 3 universal remotes on autosearch to no avail. hoping that some clever person can throw some knowledge at me. thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    you try with logitech remotes i guess its your only hope.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    only one i could find was on amazon uk - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aboss-AB-6820-DVD-Player/dp/B00013JVXS
    look on the back of the player and see if you can find anymore info like manufacture ect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. I think ABOSS was another label slapped on a Compacks (UK based) DVD player, they (Compacks) made a bunch of inexpensive multi-region players that were pretty easy to hack. If it's a rebranded Compacks you should be able to find a remote for it on ebay in the UK who'll ship to the US. Anyway google Compacks DVD player and see if any of them look like your model, I don't know if there's a big difference in Compacks remotes but I'd guess they're probably all pretty close in features/functionality. Or if you've got a universal remote and there's any entry for Compacks, give that a shot. Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    On my sansui the only universal that worked was oddly my ps3 remote. If you have access to one try it.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  7. to all who helped, thank you to pieces. a lot of good information. may all your dvds be region 0.
    Quote Quote