VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How to remove Pulldown in DVD NTSC video, if the template is sometimes interrupted when switching between scenes? I do not need IVTC filters with finding artifacts, I need to remove Pulldown in a changing template. Hard telecine with a changing template can not be processed normally, and only the first part of the video is processed, the second after the transition between scenes becomes completely interlaced. Is there anything you can do about it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. TFM().TDecimate() But you don't like it. What happened to the IVTC filter you were going to make yourself?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Maybe this time he'll post a sample so somebody can show him how to fix the problem and/or explain what the problem really is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. TIVTC also has override files to fine tune the field matching, decimation, and post-processing (deinterlacing).

There are ways to remove pulldown manually and adjust it every time the cadence changes, but this is very labor intensive and not the least bit necessary.

As hello_hello mentions, a video is worth a thousand words.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    TIVTC also has override files to fine tune the field matching, decimation, and post-processing (deinterlacing).

There are ways to remove pulldown manually and adjust it every time the cadence changes, but this is very labor intensive and not the least bit necessary.

As hello_hello mentions, a video is worth a thousand words.
    I would have upload the video, but the Internet is too slow, disconnected from downloading large files (more than 20mb)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Megafox View Post

I would have upload the video, but the Internet is too slow, disconnected from downloading large files (more than 20mb)
    One way is to split up large files with archiving software . e.g. 7zip, winrar etc...

"Split to volume, bytes", 7zip has a 10M preset for example. Or you can choose whatever size

(Probably before your time, but people used to use "floppy discs", which were 1.44MB. So archival software commonly had a 1.44MB size preset back then)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Of course all of use here have worked with hard pulldown videos with cadence breaks from editing after pulldown. You simply cannot restore all the film frames with without occasional missing or duplicate frames from such sources. If you think about it a bit you'll see why.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Megafox View Post
    A 15-30 second sample including a section you're having problems with would probably do.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 4th Apr 2018 at 21:52.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Had trouble uploading a cinepack sample here a few weeks ago ended up uploading it to my google drive and posting a public URL here to it
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote