VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm going to build a new pc for encode mostly, not play game at all.

right now I'm confuse between Intel K series and X series.

Intel X series have AVX512, so it better right?

and is staxrip support it?

I almost buy I7 8700 today.

sorry for my bad English
    Quote Quote  
  2. Some AVX512 code hasn't been implemented yet in x265, it's coming apparently . So we don't know what type of speedup you can expect yet.

For the curious, of course we will be at NAB in Vegas from April 9th - 12th! We will be one of the demos at the MulticoreWare booth in SU-14708. If you want to discuss all things media, swing by the booth! Suggested topics include, but are certainly not limited to the soon-to-publish AVX512 acceleration, content adaptive optimizations for ABR encoding with x265, upcoming overhaul of AQ and associated visual improvements. or a request to take a selfie with the creators of the world’s most popular HEVC encoder.

See you in Vegas!

PS: Make sure to mention this post on doom9 if you stop by to stand a chance to win some open-source memorabilia!
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1837891#post1837891

Another reason to wait, is you might want hardware resistant against spectre/meltdown issues. They are supposed to come later in the year as well
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Some AVX512 code hasn't been implemented yet in x265, it's coming apparently . So we don't know what type of speedup you can expect yet.

For the curious, of course we will be at NAB in Vegas from April 9th - 12th! We will be one of the demos at the MulticoreWare booth in SU-14708. If you want to discuss all things media, swing by the booth! Suggested topics include, but are certainly not limited to the soon-to-publish AVX512 acceleration, content adaptive optimizations for ABR encoding with x265, upcoming overhaul of AQ and associated visual improvements. or a request to take a selfie with the creators of the world’s most popular HEVC encoder.

See you in Vegas!

PS: Make sure to mention this post on doom9 if you stop by to stand a chance to win some open-source memorabilia!
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1837891#post1837891

Another reason to wait, is you might want hardware resistant against spectre/meltdown issues. They are supposed to come later in the year as well

Thank you.
    So I have to wait again. sad
    Quote Quote