VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a couple movies (Namely Coco and The Grand Budapest Hotel) I've tried to rip that are doing something I'm not used to; granted it's been a couple years since I did much ripping. The audio syncs fine, but they will repeat short segments multiple times (almost like a record skipping).

Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas on a fix? I used to just do DVD Decrypter and Auto GK, for these I tried Ripit4me (although I still do my encoding with AutoGK, because I haven't figured out DVD Shrink yet)

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you need to use an up to date decrypter like dvdfab. dvd decrypter and ripit4me haven't been updated in years.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Coco (2017) and The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) as much newer than the ripit4me software. Most likely the DVD has more advanced copy protection that is causing the problem. As october262 suggests, try the DVDFab products or AnyDVD to get a compliant DVD stream.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks guys, I downloaded DVDFab, and used it to re-rip Coco. The issue is better... but not gone. In fact the first scene after the opening credits skips immediately. Overall, it adds about 6 minutes to the run time. I'm encoding Grand Budapest (using AutoGK-is that still a viable software?) as we speak.

Is this common, or a weird thing I'm encountering? Thanks again for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, Grand Budapest had the same issue, and on further inspection, so do The Force Awakens and Rogue One. Curses.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you could try checking for a firmware update for dvd drives.
    Quote Quote  
  7. They might have angles. The Star Wars movies all do. If so, after decrypting one of them using DVDFab open the right IFO in PGCDemux and see if there's more than one angle. If so, choose one (usually the first) and get it.
    Quote Quote