VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using AviSynth 2.6.0 (x86). Attached is a screenshot of the HTML instructions file that came with SMDegrain Mod 3.1.2d.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SmDegrain HTML Instructions Screenshot.png
Views:	198
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	45035

TP7's MaskTools2 Mod is here: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MaskTools2. It was released on 2013 Dec 20.

But Masktools2 2.2.14 by pinterf is a mod of TP7's Masktools and version 2.2.13 was released on 2018 Feb 26. This is the most up to date version so should I be using it or the old TP7 version like the screenshot recommended?

For the optional plugins in the screenshot, if possible could you please give me a link to the best version of each plugin that I should use. So many forks of stuff, it's confusing to know which versions to use.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'd follow the links on the QTGMC wiki and use those versions, including SMDegrain 3.1.2.93s if you use QTGMC.

The SMDegrain and QTGMC scripts haven't had their help files updated in quite a while. The guy who updates the scripts isn't a native English speaker.

Not that I think it matters if you use the older plugins. The newer versions are being updated for high bitdepth support and extra colour spaces with Avisynth+, but the newer plugins work fine with Avisynth 2.6. They're currently being actively developed so it'd probably be an idea to go with them. I'm using the plugin versions on the QTGMC wiki with Avisynth 2.6 on XP.

Repair & Removegrain can be replaced with RGTools and I don't think the version of SMDegrain I linked to requires SSE2Tools or RemoveGrainHD. They don't get a mention on the SMDegrain Avisynth page.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 29th Mar 2018 at 05:17.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. What page links to SMDegrain 3.1.2.93s? I can only see a download for v3.1.2d on the SMDegrain wiki page.

Just curious if Avisynth+ is any closer to getting multi-threading working with QTGMC and McTemporalDenoise? I use normal Avisynth and it works but my videos will randomly fail to finish encoding.

Does anyone have DctFilter 0.0.1.5? The download link in the wiki doesn't work.
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 28th Mar 2018 at 14:57.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The "doom9 mod" on the SMDegrain wiki link will take you to real.finder's page and newer versions. Maybe 3.1.2.93s isn't an "official" version yet. The QTGMC wiki page (which was also terribly out of date until recently) has a link for SMDegrain 3.1.2.93s as well as 3.1.2d.

It seems pinterf is doing the work updating plugins and Avisynth+, and it's mostly real.finder updating scripts to match.
    Now I've looked there's an even newer version of SMDegrain. Once again the changes look to be Avisynth+ related.

real.finder's thread is here but I'm not sure he's regularly updating the links in the opening post.
    In the case of SMDegrain the link there takes you to a post in the VideoHelp SMDegrain thread and the link in that post takes you to SMDegrain 3.1.2.97s, or there's links in post #3 of real.finder's thread.

I've no idea regarding multithreading QTGMC as I'm using Avisynth 2.6 myself.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 29th Mar 2018 at 05:23.
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote