VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have vpn pro but it's not wanting to connect to any of the country's that have the websites and video's I want to use.

any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try the Windscribe extension for Firefox? 10GB free per month when you sign up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    davexnet yes I did and it doesn't have the country ( Australia) as one of the countrie's you can get with the free download.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Winscribe Pro and while I don't use it very often, it's been fast and reliable when I do.

It's not free, but slickdeals.com has some deals as low as $10.45 for one year to $37.95 for a lifetime sub https://slickdeals.net/f/11370475-windscribe-vpn-pro-subscription-lifetime-48-3-year-1...archBarV2Algo1

There are two Australia VPNs included in the 50 options.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nancyann View Post
    I have vpn pro but it's not wanting to connect to any of the country's that have the websites and video's I want to use.

any suggestions?
    try the vpn in opera browser - https://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Psiphon is nice, but no Oz.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are many economical paid VPN's - PureVPN is good and has lots of features. With so called free VPN's you open yourself up to a lot of prying and targeted advertising.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have read, that all free VPN stored same as google everything you do. So only paid version as many suggested is the way to use VPN what it really means. So agree with others suggestions.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by sammartin8935 View Post
    A I'm a SPAMMER will scan everything you do and use that information to make money. Your entire life will be sold off to advertisers and others pretty much forever.. Although you can use Ivacy Lite, Hotspot Shield, Tunnelbear etc and some browser extension such as HOLA and Zenmate. I would recommend you paid VPN service if you want to secure your data.
    wouldn't use hola https://lifehacker.com/hola-better-internet-sells-your-bandwidth-turning-its-1707496872

Windscribe does not give me any ads. This is the program not the add on
    Last edited by Baldrick; 5th Dec 2020 at 04:38.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm still a little concerned with speed reduction when using a VPN. I can't seem to find out which one doesn't throttle my already slow DSL speed here. I guess I could download a VPN trial (if any allow that) and then do a speed test with VPN on then another test with it off. Hate to do that kind of testing, because when I delete VPN software, I bet some hidden sh*t is left behind on my computer.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  11. No such thing as a good free vpn. The free ones are just poor leaky proxies shared with thousands of other users. And #12 is bang on; under no circumstances use Hola. I have had to cleanse many a customer's pc after an experience with Hola. Even after a proper uninstall and a complete removal of the browser addon (not just a disable) - Hola still remains connected and calling-home; hogging and selling your bandwidth thru files in a folder called 'Illuminati' - which will not DEL via conventional methods either!

NordVPN and ExpressVPN are probably the best out of the paid-for solutions and I have used both. (No I am not a reseller). Support is better with Express, but Nord have way more servers.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    In your character assassination of Nord you conveniently forgot to mention this update from the foot of the page:

Update 15.04 BST:

NordVPN CMO Marty Kamden told ZDNet:

"The vulnerability had already been fixed by the time Cisco publicly disclosed the CVE. The update has already been pushed to all of our customers as well, and none of them are vulnerable at the moment.

It is also important to keep in mind that this vulnerability could only have been exploited if an attacker had obtained access to the victim's PC. Such a situation alone leads to a variety of severe security threats beyond any individual apps."
    Last edited by codehound; 13th Sep 2018 at 06:52.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    No such thing as a good free vpn. The free ones are just poor leaky proxies shared with thousands of other users. And #12 is bang on; under no circumstances use Hola. I have had to cleanse many a customer's pc after an experience with Hola. Even after a proper uninstall and a complete removal of the browser addon (not just a disable) - Hola still remains connected and calling-home; hogging and selling your bandwidth thru files in a folder called 'Illuminati' - which will not DEL via conventional methods either!

NordVPN and ExpressVPN are probably the best out of the paid-for solutions and I have used both. (No I am not a reseller). Support is better with Express, but Nord have way more servers.
    Not correct. Windscribe is good and free version has 10GB per month. There are no leaks as checked by ipleak.net which shows the IP and DNS. No guarantee paid one won't keep logs just their word
    Quote Quote  
  15. Not correct. Windscribe is good and free version has 10GB per month.
    10gb month ? Lol. Not even one HD movie's worth. As I said no such thing as a good free vpn.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    Not correct. Windscribe is good and free version has 10GB per month.
    10gb month ? Lol. Not even one HD movie's worth. As I said no such thing as a good free vpn.
    You can mine for download credit on windscribe ... (info and instructions are on their web-page,basically you just open the mining page and let it use your computer resources...)
    i had 100gb/month on the free account, before i grabbed a lifetime pro license for about 30 bucks..
    and as someone mentioned, i didn't have any ads/limits (other than the monthly data limit, which you can affect..) neither on the free one...
    Quote Quote  
  17. you just open the mining page and let it use your computer resources.
    Really? Are you nuts mate ? You let an unknown resource use your bandwidth for God knows what ? Do you even begin to realise the consequence of permitting this? Please stop.
    Last edited by codehound; 1st Dec 2018 at 19:09.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In your character assassination of Nord y
    I don't know about "character assassination"
    Nord keeps some concerning relationships, and honestly reminds me of the BS that Facebook has pulled.

https://torrentfreak.com/nordvpn-responds-to-privacy-sensitive-allegations-180830/
    https://torrentfreak.com/nordvpn-shares-results-of-no-log-audit-181123/
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you just open the mining page and let it use your computer resources.
    Really? Are you nuts mate ? You let an unknown resource use your bandwidth for God knows what ? Do you even begin to realise the consequence of permitting this? Please stop.
    unknown source?
    it's windscribe's own page and script.
    and stop insulting people by calling them by names.
    dunno what kinda crap computer you got, obviously it's a waste of time to do it with a slow comp.
    when you don't know what you're talking about, then don't.
    eg. for me, kaspersky checks any script ran on this computer,
    and i had no problems on mining for them,it is legit.
    There's nothing shady about it, they explain it clearly what for it is, and you accept it manually yourself.
    There is no such thing as unlimited "free" VPN, if someone offers you such thing, then you should be cautious about it.
    Atleast Windscribe offers you a way to gain bandwidth credit without spending a penny,which is btw PERMANENT, u have all the extra credit each month.
    And btw, I always run the browsers sandboxed, so nothing gets on my machine for real.
    if you're paranoid about your security, nobody forces you to do it.

About Windscribe's mining..

What is this?

When you have this page open, your computer will use its spare CPU cycles to solve math puzzles (hashes) in order to mine Monero. As a result, you may see that your CPU usage is higher than normal, but you can control this with a slider below. This does not compromise your privacy. We're utilizing a service provided by Coin-Hive, you can read their privacy policy here.

Each solved puzzle is credited to your account. You can redeem your balance for free upgrades at the bottom of this page.
    Last edited by Kamala; 2nd Dec 2018 at 08:37.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by khanankuan View Post
    As you are looking for a free VPN then nothing can compete TunnelBear. You can go for free as well as paid subscriptions to pick from. The only limit with the free plan is that you are restricted to 500MB of traffic every month. This isn't a very big amount, so you won’t be capable to utilize it at its fullest without paying, but it's great for those times when you want a little extra safety and needs to go down the VPN free route. It also gives a variety of paid-for plans that delete the limits linked with the free plan, such as the download limit, states available and the number of attached devices. I have tried it on my own so I would suggest you try this. Go for a detailed list of free VPN's by following https://thevpn.guru/free-vpn-vs-paid-vpn-comparison-review.
    Nothing can compete tunnelbear ? 500mb per MONTH ?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in general, what people have been suggesting in the earlier messages seems to be ok.... (and this seems to be an old topic someone lifted up...)
    just... do NOT fall for any of the "FREE" VPN services you can see available for android,and on google play... (there is ALWAYS a catch with them...)
    there is no such thing.
    but just like Amit Mehra said ....
    there is VPN providers, whom offer you a free trial,without paying anything...
    you should always do that first...
    take the free trial,and see if it suits your needs or not.
    also... it's good to google aka use some search engines to find more information about a certain VPN provider,before buying it...
    bottom line is, if the VPN provider does not offer you a free trial to try it out first, do NOT buy it, cause there is many VPN providers whom do that.

windscribe offers free data per month,and you can get more free data by mining for crypto coins on their page,for them.
    you can use a virtual machine windows/linux to do that, or if you are using windows 10 pro/enterprise, you can run your browsers "sandboxed" (aka isolated) in windows.
    use google, check reddit etc. to find more info about windscribe.
    no need to flame my post again,i see i mentioned this earlier,but the guy is asking for "FREE" vpn ... there really is no such thing without a "catch" ..
    that would be the "easiest" way in my opinion to get a "free" VPN with somewhat nice bandwidth limit...
    personally,i did mine those crypto coins for them with my computer, and i had 100GB/month data-limit on my free account,with NO ADS ...
    but then a site offered a lifetime license for windscribe, for about 40 bucks,and i took that.
    and that's some 2-3 years ago, i am happy i took it,cause they do not sell "lifetime" licenses anymore.
    the main VPN which i use, is NordVPN, cause imho... they're the best for my needs...
    BBC works when i'm -anywhere- outside UK, netflix/amazon US works always with them...
    with windscribe, BBC does not work... but if your VPN needs are anything else than streaming a video, then it's a fine pick.
    Last edited by Kamala; 8th Oct 2020 at 15:51.
    Quote Quote  
  22. try Tunnelbear it should give you 500MB on signup
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  23. Tunnelbear right suggestion, but exe file are 130MB and only for 500MB traffic to try...
    so, try psiphon3 site here https://www.psiphon3.com/en/index.html
    download here https://www.psiphon3.com/psiphon3.exe
    only 7 MB to download and it's free!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    Tunnelbear right suggestion, but exe file are 130MB and only for 500MB traffic to try...
    the fun part is you can make as many accounts as you want. there is no need to install again just sign out and sign up again. also there is this tunnelbear bin which shows list of random accounts which was made for personal use and then abandoned. also you might wanna read their privacy policy. If it's free, you're probably the product.
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  25. wow very good tunnelbear. i have installed latest 435 version and have with fale account 500 MB of free traffic.
    on next application start a new offer gives 1GB more traffic if i send a tweet. now i have a total of 1.5GB of traffic. Not bad ....!
    Quote Quote  
  26. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    All one time posters will be banned in this thread. 99.9% vpn spammers.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Need VPN with 'China' proxy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Astrill VPN worked for me, both outside of China and inside when I visited.
    Quote Quote  
  29. no such thing as good and free vpn
    if someone released free vpn, it would be immediately clogged by chancers, thus making it not good anymore
    you want good thing in this world, pay for it
    what's free, is crap
    Quote Quote