VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab Passkey and remove Blu-ray and DVD protection! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have vpn pro but it's not wanting to connect to any of the country's that have the websites and video's I want to use.

any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try the Windscribe extension for Firefox? 10GB free per month when you sign up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    davexnet yes I did and it doesn't have the country ( Australia) as one of the countrie's you can get with the free download.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Winscribe Pro and while I don't use it very often, it's been fast and reliable when I do.

It's not free, but slickdeals.com has some deals as low as $10.45 for one year to $37.95 for a lifetime sub https://slickdeals.net/f/11370475-windscribe-vpn-pro-subscription-lifetime-48-3-year-1...archBarV2Algo1

There are two Australia VPNs included in the 50 options.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nancyann View Post
    I have vpn pro but it's not wanting to connect to any of the country's that have the websites and video's I want to use.

any suggestions?
    try the vpn in opera browser - https://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Try ExpressVPN!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Psiphon is nice, but no Oz.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's pretty basic thing that free also comes at a cost, so I wouldn't recommend Free VPNs and would only advice to use Paid VPN options as nothing should come at a cost of your security. There are many paid VPN providers but I will suggest ExpressVPN.As it is the best VPN service and also give you money back guaranty if it will not work perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A free VPN will scan everything you do and use that information to make money. Your entire life will be sold off to advertisers and others pretty much forever.. Although you can use Ivacy Lite, Hotspot Shield, Tunnelbear etc and some browser extension such as HOLA and Zenmate. I would recommend you paid VPN service if you want to secure your data.
    Last edited by sammartin8935; 29th Aug 2018 at 04:47. Reason: wrong linking
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are many economical paid VPN's - PureVPN is good and has lots of features. With so called free VPN's you open yourself up to a lot of prying and targeted advertising.
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 64bit ~ Yamaha RX-A1070 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have read, that all free VPN stored same as google everything you do. So only paid version as many suggested is the way to use VPN what it really means. So agree with others suggestions.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by sammartin8935 View Post
    A free VPN will scan everything you do and use that information to make money. Your entire life will be sold off to advertisers and others pretty much forever.. Although you can use Ivacy Lite, Hotspot Shield, Tunnelbear etc and some browser extension such as HOLA and Zenmate. I would recommend you paid VPN service if you want to secure your data.
    wouldn't use hola https://lifehacker.com/hola-better-internet-sells-your-bandwidth-turning-its-1707496872

Windscribe does not give me any ads. This is the program not the add on
    Quote Quote  
  13. There is no point in using a free VPN. I would like to share my experience on Turbo VPN service which is free to use both on IOS and Android. But with usage I realised it was leaking my original IP. Moreover, it kept on disconnecting within a break of 15 minutes.

I decided to uninstall that and use the NordVPN service which is among the best VPN services for 2018. It is immensely fast and also does not leak your IP. I would highly recommend using NordVPN instead of going to opt for any free VPN service available.

Although it is not cheap compared to other paid ones available there is a price for something good.

Other options to consider could be Express VPN, Astrill or PureVPN.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm still a little concerned with speed reduction when using a VPN. I can't seem to find out which one doesn't throttle my already slow DSL speed here. I guess I could download a VPN trial (if any allow that) and then do a speed test with VPN on then another test with it off. Hate to do that kind of testing, because when I delete VPN software, I bet some hidden sh*t is left behind on my computer.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  15. No such thing as a good free vpn. The free ones are just poor leaky proxies shared with thousands of other users. And #12 is bang on; under no circumstances use Hola. I have had to cleanse many a customer's pc after an experience with Hola. Even after a proper uninstall and a complete removal of the browser addon (not just a disable) - Hola still remains connected and calling-home; hogging and selling your bandwidth thru files in a folder called 'Illuminati' - which will not DEL via conventional methods either!

NordVPN and ExpressVPN are probably the best out of the paid-for solutions and I have used both. (No I am not a reseller). Support is better with Express, but Nord have way more servers.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    In your character assassination of Nord you conveniently forgot to mention this update from the foot of the page:

Update 15.04 BST:

NordVPN CMO Marty Kamden told ZDNet:

"The vulnerability had already been fixed by the time Cisco publicly disclosed the CVE. The update has already been pushed to all of our customers as well, and none of them are vulnerable at the moment.

It is also important to keep in mind that this vulnerability could only have been exploited if an attacker had obtained access to the victim's PC. Such a situation alone leads to a variety of severe security threats beyond any individual apps."
    Last edited by codehound; 13th Sep 2018 at 05:52.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I would not go for free VPN as they have to earn money somehow so there is a possibility that they do sell your logs to other companies. I tried Surfshark not ages ago so I was quite happy about their services tho. It was really easy to set it up, easy to use. No speed drops as it is still quite a new provider. I use VPN for Netflix mainly and this one offers VPN technology which is optimized for fast video content delivery, especially when streaming US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and from other popular sources. Surfshark server speeds allow streaming in 4K if one has sufficient internet connection. You can all try this one out. I found this code in the forum surf24 so you can check if they still do that discount
    Quote Quote