VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I recently got a DVD with a few clips and I wanted to play it on my PC, using the VLC player. The first file played both video and sound but it was pretty laggy. But when I try to play any other file on that DVD, it doesn't play the video at all, there's just sound. Unfortunately, I don't have the possibility to try it on any other devices. This question may sound a little stupid but I really have no clue about stuff like this. Is there a potential bug that prevent's the VLC player from playing these clips (I have never seen the "VOB" file format before) or are my files just broken? I assume you need further information to answer this question, just tell me what you need to know.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You don't play the VOB files directly. Use the IFO files. In VLC select Media -> Open Disc then select the driver letter and press Play.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this a commercial pressed disk or a privately burnt one ?

Whilst jagabo is correct there is no reason why vlc can not play the vob files directly from the disk.

Or did you attempt to copy them to your hard drive first ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a bonus DVD included in a music album so it's not a burnt one. It actually somewhat works when I try it the way jagabo suggested. All the clips work just fine but the first one. That one is still bugged. The clip is like 30 seconds long and every time it ends it starts again from the twelfth second on. Maybe the file is just broken, I don't know. Even if we don't get the first one to work, you already helped me out big time, thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    30 secs is rather short for a clip. Maybe you are seeing the first play/menu which could start at a different place once it plays out the first time.
    Quote Quote