VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am adding .mp4 movie clips to dvdfab in creator mode, so far I have added just 2 clips 1 is 333Mb other is 399MB but soon as I added it in the menu of dvdfab it says 3716/4300mb then I added 2nd and now it says 4786/4300 but 333mb + 399MB only totals 732MB so I am a bit lost on this why do it say 3716 after adding just a 333MB .mp4 clip then 4786MB after adding another 399MB .mp4 clip am I going over the 4300MB limit them for just 2 mp4 clips 333MB and 399MB

Last edited by foldbck123; 21st Mar 2018 at 08:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've never used creator mode but it sounds as if you're trying to create a standard DVD. The source format is not DVD complaint so has to converted, hence the size change
    Standard DVD typically holds up to 2 hours. Can be a little more, but it forces the bit rate lower, PQ Probably will get wors
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I've never used creator mode but it sounds as if you're trying to create a standard DVD. The source format is not DVD complaint so has to converted, hence the size change
    Standard DVD typically holds up to 2 hours. Can be a little more, but it forces the bit rate lower, PQ Probably will get wors
    I thought .mp4 can be made into dvd, as you say The source format is not DVD complaint so what should it be then as Im confused or what format do i change mp4 into before i make it dvd
    Quote Quote  
  4. .mp4 can be made into a DVD and that is what DVDFab is doing. MP4 files are not DVD - which is a forum of MPEG2 files. Therefore the software is making them into DVD files before continuing. MP4 files can be put on a DVD as data and not be converted, but then most DVD players cannot play the resulting data disk.

You must be confusing the term of DVD - the disk - with the DVD the standard for making a compliant media format, which is made with MPEG2 files not MP4 files.
    Quote Quote