VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Please help!
    A few days ago I bought a Sony BDP-S3500 blu Ray and was horrified to find that I can’t play any of my imported region 1 or 2 dvds.
    I can’t find any region unlock procedures for this model.
    Can someone please help?
    Last edited by Rukh456; 21st Mar 2018 at 20:36.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there's a few hacks listed here - https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=+Sony+BDP-S+&hits=50&Search=Search
    any player made by Sony are the most difficult to make region free.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Australia is Region 4. Right ?. I know that many dvds are encoded as Region 2/4 but quite surprised if a player is Region 4 only.

Region 1 is a different matter. As said, Sony are the most difficult to make region-free and most in this situation would have paid the extra and sought out a factory-modified region-free player. There are many of these out there for Sony.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I have tested the player with 5 region 2 and 5 region 1 dvds And The conclusion seems to strangely be that the player is half region locked and half not.
    About half of the region 1 dvds played while the others came up with the wrong region message, the same was true with the region 2.
    I don’t understand this as all region 1 dvds were the same format as were the region 2 group.
    And Sony themselves definitely still claim that only region 4 is compatible but clearly that’s fake news.
    Last edited by Rukh456; 21st Mar 2018 at 21:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe you are confusing "region" with video format?.....OR the labeling on the DVD is incorrect and the DVDs that play are actually NOT region coded?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    The region 2 dvds that don’t play are definitely the same video format as those that do.
    Anyway, since Sony seems to be so varied I might just switch the Sony model for an LG player, hopefully that can be region free.
    Quote Quote