VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I purchased the Power DVD Ultra software today.
    I was trying to play my backed up blu ray disc files (in BDMV folder). I can play the main m2ts files but the subtitles are unavailable.

Is it possible to play the files in BDMV folder exactly like the disc with menus and subtitles?

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you need to use ImgBurn to create a Blu-ray ISO containing the backup files and folders. When you try to play the ISO, PowerDVD Ultra will ask to install virtual drive software to mount the ISO, which will permit the ISO to play like a Blu-ray disc.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I think you need to use ImgBurn to create a Blu-ray ISO containing the backup files and folders. When you try to play the ISO, PowerDVD Ultra will ask to install virtual drive software to mount the ISO, which will permit the ISO to play like a Blu-ray disc.
    Oops thats an additional overhead
    Is there a way Powerdvd can detech the subtitles when I just play the main .m2ts file, so that I don't have to go through this burden..(I just need subs)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    If you are using Windows 10, it can mount an ISO directly. Make an ISO of your decrypted Blu-ray with ImgBurn, then right click on the ISO file. The first option is to Mount it. Do this, and it looks like a disc in a hardware optical drive to PowerDVD.

Double click on the mounted ISO and if you have PowerDVD set up to play Blu-ray automatically, it should start the program and play just like playing an optical disc. I have PowerDVD 16, there are probably newer versions these days, but it works in this fashion for decrypted ISO files for me. Menus function and subtitles are available.

These are steps that work for menus and subtitles on decrypted discs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    If you are using Windows 10, it can mount an ISO directly. Make an ISO of your decrypted Blu-ray with ImgBurn, then right click on the ISO file. The first option is to Mount it. Do this, and it looks like a disc in a hardware optical drive to PowerDVD.

Double click on the mounted ISO and if you have PowerDVD set up to play Blu-ray automatically, it should start the program and play just like playing an optical disc. I have PowerDVD 16, there are probably newer versions these days, but it works in this fashion for decrypted ISO files for me. Menus function and subtitles are available.

Thanks. Yes I use Windows 10. How long does it take to mount the Blu Ray files? Is it straightforward method?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by navarannan View Post
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post

Thanks. Yes I use Windows 10. How long does it take to mount the Blu Ray files? Is it straightforward method?
    Creating the ISO with ImgBurn takes about the same amount of time as copying the files and folders to a different location on a hard drive. It should take under one minute to mount an ISO.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Mar 2018 at 00:22.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by navarannan View Post

Just checked imgBurn. Cant see an option to Mount. Could you please tell me how to do that if thats ok..
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM

Just checked imgBurn. Cant see an option to Mount. Could you please tell me how to do that if thats ok..
    ImgBurn is only used to create an ISO file. Windows 10 has a built-in virtual drive for mounting the ISO file created using ImgBurn.

Kerry56 explained how to use Windows 10's virtual drive: Right click on the ISO file, then select the first option on the context menu to mount the ISO. After mounting, the ISO plays as if it were a physical Blu-ray disc loaded in the ODD.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Mar 2018 at 01:36.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sorry if I was not clear. I wanted to know how to create the iso file from the already copied bdmv and certified folder of the backed up. Blu ray disc
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

ImgBurn is only used to create an ISO file. Windows 10 has a built-in virtual drive for mounting the ISO file created using ImgBurn.

Kerry56 explained how to use Windows 10's virtual drive: Right click on the ISO file, then select the first option on the context menu to mount the ISO. After mounting, the ISO plays as if it were a physical Blu-ray disc loaded in the ODD.
    Thanks I think I figured it out
    Last edited by navarannan; 19th Mar 2018 at 04:13.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Sorry Im facing a few issues here

However I was using Powerdvd 18 to play the iso file, powedvd did the mount by installing some driver, but I can't get the subtitles to work correctly. The primary subtitle is not displaying at all and secondary subtitles is cut off at the top. I also played with the subtitle settings, but no luck

2. So I downgraded to Powerdvd 17 , did the mount but it doesny play the movie

Any clue?
    Last edited by navarannan; 19th Mar 2018 at 07:24.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yes. It finally worked with Powerdvd version 16. Jeeezzz..
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. It finally worked with Powerdvd version 16. Jeeezzz..
    Both Kerry56 and I have PowerDVD 16 Ultra.

However I was using Powerdvd 18 to play the iso file, powedvd did the mount by installing some driver, but I can't get the subtitles to work correctly. The primary subtitle is not displaying at all and secondary subtitles is cut off at the top. I also played with the subtitle settings, but no luck
    PowerDVD 18 won't be officially released until next month, at the earliest, so you used warez. Read the forum rules. You can be banned for warez rule violations.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Mar 2018 at 13:10.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    POWER DVD 18 was released today on amazone
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dovakin View Post
    POWER DVD 18 was released today on amazone
    PowerDVD 18 Ultra was officially released by Cyberlink on April 17, 2018 and was immediately available for sale at Cyberlink's website. https://www.cyberlink.com/eng/press_room/view_4286.html
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 25th Oct 2018 at 01:19. Reason: grammar, clarity
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried with no luck, I have seen this when goggled....... PowerDVD Updates | CyberLink
    https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html
    Also note that the software will pop up a notification periodically when there is an update available. ... Updates PowerDVD 18 to build 2202. Install this patch ... Install this patch update to improve Ultra HD Blu-ray playback compatibility. Release Notes ..... Now correctly displays two line subtitles when playing back MKV files. it also may corrupt other programs all i can confirm is that i got this from google , if it's any good no idea.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dovakin View Post
    I've tried with no luck, I have seen this when goggled....... PowerDVD Updates | CyberLink
    https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html
    Also note that the software will pop up a notification periodically when there is an update available. ... Updates PowerDVD 18 to build 2202. Install this patch ... Install this patch update to improve Ultra HD Blu-ray playback compatibility. Release Notes ..... Now correctly displays two line subtitles when playing back MKV files. it also may corrupt other programs all i can confirm is that i got this from google , if it's any good no idea.
    Patches are not mandatory. If what you read about a patch indicates that installing the patch may cause a problem, then don't install the patch. Wait for Cyberlink to offer a new patch later on.

If you are personally experiencing problems with Cyberlink's software, Cyberlink has user forums to report bugs and supply advice.
    Quote Quote