VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anon45
    I'm looking for a program to create Blu-rays from MPEG-2 files, using the filename as the title of each chapter... even if the filename is long... it could scroll the name when selected?

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What you’re asking (the scrolling) looks like a feature that may require BD-J, which isn’t provided in most consumer software for BD authoring, and is generally considered among the advanced features.
    As for menu making, it isn’t good design to even want it. Like the chapter titles in a dead-tree story, chapter names should be short, as they serve a purpose beyond “perfectly describing what the content is about”. The titles are not essential, but just an access point, that should be recognizable enough for it to function. Shorter really is better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Anon45
    Originally Posted by Case View Post
    What you’re asking (the scrolling) looks like a feature that may require BD-J, which isn’t provided in most consumer software for BD authoring, and is generally considered among the advanced features.
    As for menu making, it isn’t good design to even want it. Like the chapter titles in a dead-tree story, chapter names should be short, as they serve a purpose beyond “perfectly describing what the content is about”. The titles are not essential, but just an access point, that should be recognizable enough for it to function. Shorter really is better.
    Thanks!

The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning on burning all our home movies to Blu-Ray, just wondering the best way to go about doing it...
    I was thinking of just burning a data disc (will that be recognizable in a blu-ray player?) and let the player list the files... I know it works quite nicely on some DVD players. No need for a thumbnail, although it would be nice. The other option would be to choose a good thumbnail, and than just put the date as the title (e.g. 03.15.2018)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Oh, cool, ow I know how burn my videos to Blu-Ray, thank you!
    Quote Quote