VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm trying to convert a .wav audio to .dts using xmedia recode, but i'm getting an error (program not responding). Using eac3to I get an error too (Surcode DTS Encoder doesn't seem to be installed). I trying to use other formats to convert to DTS and I'm having the same error.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Marsia Mariner
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Marsia Mariner View Post
    I used this command --> "ffmpeg -i Journey1.wav -strict -2 -vn -b:a 1536k -sample_fmt s32 -f dts final.dts" but the final file is always 16 bit. Why?
    Last edited by jbiribi; 15th Mar 2018 at 20:59.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jbiribi View Post
    I used this command --> "ffmpeg -i Journey1.wav -strict -2 -vn -b:a 1536k -sample_fmt s32 -f dts final.dts" but the final file is always 16 bit. Why?
    Not an ffmpeg CLI expert at all, but is the input file 16 bit audio? Do you want to resample 16 bit to 24 bit for compatibiity reasons? I can'tr think of any other reason to do so.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    Originally Posted by jbiribi View Post
    Not an ffmpeg CLI expert at all, but is the input file 16 bit audio? Do you want to resample 16 bit to 24 bit for compatibiity reasons? I can'tr think of any other reason to do so.
    The input audio is 24 bit
    Quote Quote