VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, i'm looking for a way to convert video files with FLAC sound, to the same quality of video, but with WAV or MP3 Sound.
    I've been trying to do this with Xmedia Recode, where i can just copy the video output, and change the audio output. But i can't seem to get the subtitles working. The subtitles are encoded in the original video, but when i convert the video the subs are gone.

Does anyone know an easy way to convert the audio of videos, while keeping the subtitles like in the original video?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i myinput.avi -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s16le -map 0 myoutput.avi
    This will give you original video and subtitles with WAVE audio. Of course, use the file extensions appropriate to your format.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can you make a screenshot of the Xmedia "subtitle" tab? It should be possible to copy them in most cases. Make sure you get them into the "output" field on the right and select "copy" (or "render" if your player doesn't support soft subtitles).
    What container format are you choosing (mkv, avi, mp4)? Not all containers support all subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Can you make a screenshot of the Xmedia "subtitle" tab? It should be possible to copy them in most cases. Make sure you get them into the "output" field on the right and select "copy" (or "render" if your player doesn't support soft subtitles).
    What container format are you choosing (mkv, avi, mp4)? Not all containers support all subtitles.
    It's a mkv video, so i just copy the video, while changing the audio from FLAC to WAV. My TV doesn't support FLAC sound, so i'm looking for a way to play these video's on my tv without having to download them in another format. It's just strange that xmedia doesn't add the subs, even though i copy them to output.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	subs01.png
Views:	174
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	44932  

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i myinput.avi -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s16le -map 0 myoutput.avi
    This will give you original video and subtitles with WAVE audio. Of course, use the file extensions appropriate to your format.
    I have no idea what to do with this code , care to explain?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Download the FFmpeg executable program file to your computer. Then run this command in a Command Prompt. (You may need to type paths to FFmpeg and the video files.)
    Quote Quote  
  7. even though i copy them to output.
    According to your screen dump you don't copy the subtitless but Render them.

What I miss in your screen dump is the codec (ASS) to be used for rendering.

[Attachment 44933 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    re-combine the old mkv with the new audio into a new mkv. use mkvtoolnix gui to open the old one, un-check the flac audio, add the new video with the converted audio and un-check everything but the new audio. multiplex the streams into an new mkv.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote