VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a MPEG file for karaoke but I'm not able to switch in between left or right channels ( music only or with original voice). I'm new to this. Could anybody help please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use the balance control on your player, mixer, speakers. For example, VLC has the options: Audio -> Stereo Mode... and you can select Stereo, Left, Right, Reverse (swap left and right channels).
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th Mar 2018 at 07:40.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If audio is coded as dual channel then decent player shall give possibility to select desired audio track. If audio is coded not as dual channel then you must follow jagabo advice. You may also consider to convert (and add to existing file) separate audio tracks with original and only music.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Use the balance control on your player, mixer, speakers. For example, VLC has the options: Audio -> Stereo Mode... and you can select Stereo, Left, Right, Reverse (swap left and right channels).
    I have used VCL to switch but nothing happened.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    If audio is coded as dual channel then decent player shall give possibility to select desired audio track. If audio is coded not as dual channel then you must follow jagabo advice. You may also consider to convert (and add to existing file) separate audio tracks with original and only music.
    I think it’s just one audio track because when I switched channels using VCL, nothing happened. If it’s only one audio track , how do I convert to separate tracks then add the vocals in? Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Open your stereo audio track in a editor like Audacity. Split it into two mono tracks. Export the two tracks. Mux them with the original video with a tool like Imago MPEG muxer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Open your stereo audio track in a editor like Audacity. Split it into two mono tracks. Export the two tracks. Mux them with the original video with a tool like Imago MPEG muxer.
    Will try that! Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Image
    [Attachment 44920 - Click to enlarge]
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Open your stereo audio track in a editor like Audacity. Split it into two mono tracks. Export the two tracks. Mux them with the original video with a tool like Imago MPEG muxer.
    Please help, what should I do now?
    Quote Quote  
  9. You must split i.e. convert stereo audio track to two independent mono tracks - if split option is not available explicitly you may try to select Left channel and copy it to new mono audio track, repeat same for Right channel. Save such mono as independent tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    You must split i.e. convert stereo audio track to two independent mono tracks - if split option is not available explicitly you may try to select Left channel and copy it to new mono audio track, repeat same for Right channel. Save such mono as independent tracks.
    I see. After splitting into two Mono audio tracks. Both tracks still have the vocals when i play. I tried to mute one of them and switched around too. Still the same.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Now i'm thinking of removing the audio out of the video and add another audio track ( without the vocals) into the video to replace the old audio. Would that work? What kind of app do i need to achieve that?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thank you guys SOOOO much for suggestions! I did it!!! I removed the original audio out of the video and added another audio track to replace it! It worked!!!
    Quote Quote